SAVANNAH RIVER

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by fearless58, Jun 1, 2009.

1. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    does anyone know anything about catfishing the savannaha river? i use to bass fish it a lot but never cats. what kind of cats does the river hold, what baits are best, what areras are best? any info. would be appreciated thanks

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know anything about your river, but welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hey mike welcome to the boc, where are u at on the river. are u more up river like Augusta, or closer to the sea like savannah. i am from savannah Ga originally, and use to fish there alot. this river is very versital. there is blue and channels in it for sure. never cought a flathead on this river though so i could say for sure if there are any. closer to the sea i have used anything u can catch in a cast net as bait, cut or live. mullet, shirmp,etc. i have also used gizzard shad with luck. now upstream, id say throw a net see what u come up with, more than likely u can use it for bait, cut or live. good luck out there brother, hey try the Ogeechee river too if u get the chance.

4. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    hey thanks matt. i live in hinesville and know the sav river from tidal water to clyo. i just never fished it for cats now what about the ogeeche. only fished ther 3 or 4 times.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i use to fish the ogeechee around the kings ferry area in richmond hill, just north of loves. there is some pretty good fishin back in there.

6. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Might want to be careful netting bait in GA. I believe it is illegal to use anything caught with a net for bait. Know I do think if you catch your bait with a rod it is ok. I will look into it and get more info. Hate to see you go through that trouble. Welcome to the B.O.C I am in Henry county GA.

7. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    It is illegal to catch bait by net other than shrimp and minnows. No other fish is allowed to be caught by net, same goes for traps as well in navigable waters according to the Ga. Game Fish and Wildlife.

Greg