Savannah river in Georgia

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by razorwire, Jun 16, 2006.

1. razorwire

razorwire New Member

State:
    Florida*Required*
    I have a place near Waynesboro GA not to far from the Savannah River.I would like to know if this is a good Catfish River . I have never seen any posts about it. Thanks, razorwire.

2. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I don't know anything about the savannah river but would like to wecome you to the BOC but you will find the info you need some where in this site me I'm still learning.

3. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I have relatives all around you from Jesup to Baxley, K-ville to Screven, Surrency to Sign Country near Lanes Bridge, back through 169 to Jesup, and so on. You are near the Great Altamaha. I will be in K-ville from June 30th thru July 2nd. Leaving with watermelons real early on the 3rd so I can be back here near Baltimore before too late to drop off a bunch of melons so I don't have to worry with it on the 4th. I plan to fish your river one day in the near future. Maybe we can get hooked up together and exchange 411 some time. I know Ms Pat at Jaycee's Landing in Jesup. My cousin has a house trailor less than 1/2 mile on the dirt roads behind Jaycee's Park opposite the mill. Hope to talk with you soon---jonnycat

4. razorwire

razorwire New Member

State:
    Florida*Required*
    Thank you for the welcome and reply. Razorwire.

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I would like to welcome you also. I know there are some cats there with a few in the 20 to 40 pound range but I have never had the honor of fishing it yet. Just going one pitchers and talking to people I know that have fished it.

6. razorwire

razorwire New Member

State:
    Florida*Required*
    Thanks for the reply. I have never caught a 20 lb catfish so that would be quite a thrill. I am going to have to take the boat and some live bait over there and give it a try. I thought it might be polluted because of the nuke power plant. Razorwire.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Razor,
    The Savannah River is excellant for catfishing. Its actually loaded with blues, channels and smaller cats that we called butter cats growing up. I often take my grandkids out on the river when they want to go and let them load up on these guys. Yesterday we used nightcrawlers and cut herring and ended up with about 45 or so real nice eating size. Almost any bend in the river or the mouth of any of the many feeder creeks will produce catfish in this river. I usually fish anywhere between Sylvania and Savannah and one thing for sure, ther is no shortage of catfish in that area !! Good luck.

8. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    great fishing around the plant vogle are. fish the upstream side of the man made breaks. livers work well.

9. razorwire

razorwire New Member

State:
    Florida*Required*
    My thanks to all of you that responded with information about the Savannah river.It appears that the Savannah is a good place to fish with the chance to catch a really large Catfish and other fish as well. Razorwire.