Savage Rifles

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    For those of you who may be rifle shopping, don't overlook the new Savages. They have really turned their act around. I bought a model 112 in 22-250, bull barrel for coyotes. I love this gun. The adjustable accutrigger is awsome. Most models include the accutrigger, dual pillar bedding in the stock and a full floated barrel . Whether your looking for small or large cal. or short or long action, for the money these are real quality guns that wont break your wallet. :cool2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I bought my son one for his first rifle five years ago in 7mm/08 and now Im thinking of getting one for me only I like the new classic model

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Barry, your making me drool. I bought a Savage .22 with the target barrel a few year back and would like to add a .22/250 to my collection. Hope it works well for you.

4. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar

I agree 100%! Jimmy

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I know how to shoot guns,but as far as all the features I'm lost on what they really mean to the shooter.What is the accutriger,and free floated barel?How do these help you ?

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tha accu trigger is a new development that enhances trigger pull and gives greater accuracy . A free floated barrel is the only way to go it means just that; the barrel is free floating or not touching for the entire lenght very accurate

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I own a savage .270, and I gotta agree on the accu-trigger. It's probably my favorite part of the entire gun. I've never had a single problem with it either. I like to send ballistic tips through mine, although it's really unnecessary... but it'll tear a perty lil' hole in somethin' :big_smile:. So, in short, I'd recommend savage to anyone...anyone I like, anyway...ha.

-Red