Sausage Special

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Nov 15, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went out to my deer hunting area outa gallatin yesterday and ended up taken this doe and this big hog. I know a lot of people take them on ranches and in other states but around this area I haven't heard of anyone taking any. But this one was my first and it made for a good memory.

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    WTG Both will be good eating.

3. festus

festus New Member

Heck yeah some good sausage and jerky.

4. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Can I ask what part of Gallatin you was in?My parents live out off 31E on Branham mills road.I was raised all my life up there and never knew any wild hogs was in the area.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Lucky!! :smile2: I see some tasty breakfast there. Congrats. Nice to see a hog around these parts.:wink:

6. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    good job, freezer is full time to fishing.:006:

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would let you know where but, just like everyone else even the game wraden has been hounding me to find out where I see them and I must keep it to myself for now. The game warden said he goes out and shoots them all year round for fun more less, but Ican only hunt them during deer season and they are far and few between so I ain't going to tell him where they are. But there are a few out there.

8. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I understand that but thought season is open year round on wild hogs in Tenn.They say there is some in Rutherford county but I aint had the pleasure to shoot one yet.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well not to my understanding, it's during deer season only. If it's bow season you can take one with a bow and so on. I don't know why they don't allow them to be harvested like every other state anytime any place with anything. As much damage as they do in a day I would think they wouldn't want to even give them a chance to start re- populating. Last year I saw like 50 of them all at once. About 5 big ones and the rest were about 25lbs. No offense by the way I tell people where to catch fish but this I gotta keep to myself until they get outa control.. Hope you can find one down in Rutherford, I have heard there were a few around Dickson which may be in that county I don't knwo.

10. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    good job cat znd a good deed with that hog. We use to have a large herd on catosa. Still quiet a few. when they move in to an area they destroy it for everything else.

11. festus

festus New Member

We got them on Little Brushy Mountain, too, Frank. There probably scattered all over the county. At least I've seen evidence they're within a mile of my house.

12. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    A few years ago a herd came around the east side of lone mountain in the fall. I am sure they were just eating all the acorns. It is hard to believe the damage they did in just a few days. My neighbors ate so many the rest moved on.

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well back in Louisiana the hogs are thick..I use to go to Pearl River..A friend of mine was in a hunting club that specialized in hog hunting..They use .22 magnum to shoot them..We had tons of them in Belle Chasse too where I grew up..As a teenager I shot many a pig while bow hunting..I used to work at the local golf clubs and on top of retrieving balls out of the ponds, they sometimes had me remove gators and pigs..They would tear up a golf course..Boy I tell you what they sure are good eating..We used to cook them up in a "cajun microwave"..Check out the pics below if your curious about the "cajun microwave"..

Attached Files:

14. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    You killed that Hog close to gallatin? I did not know that we had wild hogs in this area.

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Looks like you are on your way toward filling up that freezer for wintertime! Congrats. DH and Son haven't killed any hogs yet and man what I wouldn't give for some of that pig butt! LOL

16. festus

festus New Member

We used to have a lot of coal strip mining in my area. Strip mining rapes the land, but it was one of the few industries that ever brought money into my county. The coal barons would sometimes strip the land and all the wildlife was left on top the mountains with no water or food. An old retired coal man told me a while back these hogs would just literally commit suicide, they had no place to go, and just jump off the highwall to their death. A pig is one of the most intelligent animals, believe it or not. Some probably got lucky and slid or tumbled down into a safe spot and moved on.

17. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I forgot to add a pic of my elk I shot a few weeks ago. A trip I wanted to go on for years. Didn't get big bull but a trip of a lifetime and a ton of meat. Horns didn't really matter on this trip it, the veiw of the rockys covered in snow all day and hundreds of elk everywhere. What a time.

Attached Files:

18. festus

festus New Member

Great job, Chris. I guess you know we have a few of those around here, but I have never heard of one within 12 miles of here.

Where did you bag this trophy?

19. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    thanks for the pics and sharing your story with us:roll_eyes:

20. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats man! Thats one big hog.