SAUSAGE is good for you.

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Bayoubear, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    [​IMG]

60 % deer 40 % pork shoulder, almost 20 lbs total.
    1 cup soy protien powder
    2 tsp Instacure 1.
    6 dried ground habeneros (seeds and all)
    2 Tbs sugar
    2 Tbs salt
    2 Tbs garlic powder
    2 Tbs ground garam masala
    1 Tbs smoked paprika
    2 cups ice water
    a pinch of this a dash of that to taste
    grind, mix, stuff, tie, cook, eat, yum

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    did some snack sticks just a couple weeks back. looks good chad. been making my own venison brats for a few years now too. fun.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Mmmmmm venison brats. Good stuff, I only had 4 this year, one deer split between 3 guys. Had some ground sausage tho, some hamburger, and a roast. not much else. Can't wait till Nov and get some more.

4. Bricky

Bricky New Member

State:
    Missouri

5. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    I dont think i ever met a sausage i didnt like. Something about a tube of greasy meat-filled goodness....

www.sausagemaker.com is where i get a lot of my supplies. they have the high temp cheese too. ive shopped around a bit here and there and like them the best.

[​IMG]

6. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    That sounds like a great recipe. I can tear up some sausage. I think my body would go into shock if I stopped eating pork. lol

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    OK, I got an outlandish idea! :002:
    We butchered some wild pigs, so natually I got interested in making sausage. I did a lot of reading and found that you can make sausage out of several 'non-traditional' meats. While watching a wildlife program last night, I saw that nutria are becoming a big problem in the southeast. Anybody ever hear of making nutria sausage? If that would work, nutria would provide a source of cheap or free meat for a bunch of people in the southeast. I mean, they showed guys in Florida having to go out at night and shoot them under a spotlight just to keep the numbers down. If any adventurous soul decides to try this, I'd like to hear about the results, just out of curiousity.

8. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I love me some sausage, but I don't know about Nutria.

9. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I've seen it in New Orleans but never tried it. It should be good. I've had nutria stew and it wasn't bad.