saulda river

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rjmorris, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well im still kinda new to this site, just thought id share my little catch tonight. caught 3 eight pounder's and a 5 pounder. which is the best i have ever done on the saulda here in piedmont. i realize there not that big for a cat, but i havent been cat fishing long and normally all i get out of the saulda are fish around a pound-2 pounds. so since the fish are normally small, i fish with light action rods. so when i caught these fish tonight they felt like they were 100 pounds lol. anyhow im happy thought id share my little catch!

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Hey Rich, welcome aboard!! Thanks for the report and those are some nice fishes, I don't care where they came from! Take some pics next time and post 'em, we love pics!:wink:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good job, Rich, and welcome to the BOC. Congratulations on your catch. We don't get very many reports from the saluda river, so it's welcomed, for sure. Looking forward to hearing more from you. This is a great forum to learn and share ideas.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Welcome Rich to the BOC! Congrats on the fine catch.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Rich and congrats on the good catch. Those are 4 good fish no matter where you fish and it is probablly above average for where yo were fishing so congrats on you above average catch.

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome and post up some pics! At least us poor folks working can live vicariously though your fishin trip.

7. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a good catch on the river, welcome to the BOC:wink:

8. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    That's a pretty good catch there for the Saluda, Brother! Welcome to the BOC. We're glad to have you!