Sauger

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by cumberlandcat, Jan 23, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just wanted to let anyone who likes sauger there hittin pretty good down at old hickory the last few weeks. Everyone I know is pullin em out left and right.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the heads up, hopefully get to try em out friday.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bam Good Luck on your trip for Sauger Friday I hope you catch the limit.:lol:

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    good luck! it is still a couple weeks too early for them to be running up here but I am ready to get on them when they do! hope u land some nice 3-4 pounders, they are excellent eating!!!

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I sure miss those fish! Haven't seen on in at least 4 years. We used to fish them in Minnesota up around Redwing when they would run around November. Those were some of the biggest I've caught. Most saugers I've seen would be good to go if they were 15", these suckers were 15" at the smallest.

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    heck Im on so many blood thiners I get cold thiking about fishing for sauger.What do they do in the summer time? dont they have to eat?
    why cant I catch them in July? smokey

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We fish for them in the summer every once in a while, they are hard to get onto. on the ohio river we try and find rock ledges 20-30 feet deep. There is a big island here by my house that they sometimes stack up in front of in the summer but i mainly do it in the spring and fall and stick to catfish in the summer.

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    You go my man...should have stayed in Tnn