Sauger limit in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bnt55, Nov 29, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Am I getting this right that there is no limit on sauger on the Ohio river with an Indiana license?? I know there is a limit of 6 walleye or walleye hybrid but it doesnt say anything for saugers......:confused2:

Someone please let me know what the deal is.

thanks
    Bill

2. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    Way I read it bag limit is 10 can be all sauger or a mix of eyes & sag. No size limit.

3. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    sauger, no size limit, 10 fish allowed in the main river, if you go into the tributaries there is only 6 fish allowed so keep in the main river if you have more than 6 fish. there are some other good sauger/walleye fishing in other rivers here in indiana. here is a pic from 3.5hrs of fishing yesterday with a couple friends, all caught on 3/8oz jig tipped with fathead minnows.
    walleye on left, sauger on right, biggest was a sauger at 20.5''
    [​IMG]

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    honestly I cant figure out where you guys are getting this? I did see on the fishing regs where there is a 10 fish limit on the Ohio River, however when looking at the bag limits for sauger it is blank? I would rather be safe then sorry for sure!

AFISHPATROL, nice fish! that is exactly what I was doing to catch suger here on the Ohior river. If you dont mind me asking what rivers in Indiana have sauger and walleye in them? I thought the closest place for me (cincy) to catch a walleye was brookville lake...which is sorta like finding a needle in a haystack:roll_eyes:

5. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    page 19, sportfishing on the ohio river, shows singly or in agregate 10 daily bag, 20 in posession for sauger, walleye, or hybrid walleye.

give up on brookville for this time of year, long about may though the lake comes to life giving up stringers full of the toothey ones. if you have a hard copy of a lake map for brookville i'd give ya my cell# for ya to call and i could steer ya in the right direction, there are some fish being caught now but its a waiting game, jigging spoons and deep water is the key right now, and a whole lot of patience.

other rivers they can be caught are, wabashriver, white river west fork, tippicanoue river, white water river, kankakee river, i could keep going but the rivers start getting pretty small.

6. kvonn0001

kvonn0001 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If I may be so bold-Where were you fishing?(small stream,Ohio river,Falls of the Ohio?)
    Thanks,
    Kurt (from Louisville Ky.)