Saturday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Dec 12, 2007.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Anyone wanna take me fishing this Saturday? :big_smile:
    My boats (trailers) stills out of commision. :embarassed:

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Not to beg or anything. :wink:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    right now I cant plan ahead. If we get this snow they are talkin about I will have to work. I will pm you if I can see a couple of days ahead to plan a trip.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sorry Dan but I'll be in Springfield IL over the weekend for a wedding. :angry: I'd like to get out there sometime next week, either mon. tues. or wed. I've talked to Ryan a couple times and I think we're going to get out one of those days. I'll let you know!

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Dan I would take you out in a heart beat....BUT my sons birthday party is on Saturday and I am having a party for him. Also i was going to try and go on tuesday after work and my motor will not turn over. I have no idea what is wrong with that thing. The battery is fine it just wont even try and fire up. Ahhhhh the pleasures of owning a boat!:embarassed:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Ryan, at least you aint floatin down the river llike some one we know

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    at least you wasn't in the middle of the river when it happen:wink:

I hope its nothing major, and you get her up and running soon

8. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    The talk now is not if but how much snow we will be getting. Getting the boat in the water down a snowy ramp can be exciting… getting it out and up the ramp usually takes a lot of shoveling and ice melt… been there done that, would rather avoid the situation all together… I’ll be at a wedding also out in the country here in Lincoln Co… water temps in the upper pools are in the low 30’s and the walleye should be hanging below the dams right about now… I’m ready, just need the time off with no snow… this is also a great time to cruise the rivers with the water level down and do some scouting.

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks alot guys. If you guys get a chance to go and need some company I'm your man. Well, on the weekends anyways. :smile2: I have to keep my but at work during the week.
    I called my boat dealer and told them about my tires. They told me to bring'em on up and they'll swap them out for me. I guess that's one benefit to buying a new boat. I'm still looking for other benefits. So, i'm heading up to the dealer, and I'll have new tires for the weekend. Hopefully it doesn't snow. I'm not even going to try the ramp if theres snow or ice. My van gets stuck on flat ground sometimes in the snow. It gets that one tire spinning and it's all over. And thats not with a big ole' pontoon on the back.

10. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'd always be glad to go fishing with you Dan, but as Gary can tell you my boat wasn't running right when we went out last weekend. It keeps dieing when I try to slow down below about 2300rpms. Started right up every time, but it got rather frustrating and it's headed back to the dealer on Saturday for them to look at it. (like you said the good thing about having a new boat:wink:)This is the second time I've had to take this boat in for motor issues, I'm thinking they are gonna hear about it this time. I mean why buy a new boat if your gonna have to bring it in for motor issues twice in the first 9 months of owning it?

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey, you guys do know that it's going to be snowing and COLD Saterday don't you.. So who wants to get together for breakfast and BS session where it'll be warm... hehehe

12. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went fishing monday in pool 25 at Foley access and the water was unusually high?

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    did you do any good monday?

14. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    No good at all Willie. Went Saturday with Gary and malichi, Monday with skipeye and tonight from the bank on the missouri at klondike access. There was a kicka$$ dyke that was low enough to walk out on and the current was rippin, had one heck of a hole behind it but all I've gotten for my efforts is COLD! Had fun though.

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    If you guys go on Saturday, good luck. Thanks for the warm wishes, I hope it is only something simple. I believe this spring I will be in the market for a new boat. This one is great, I have no doubt that it is just some water in the lines or a bad plug. It has been a really good boat for me, I just want something metal for the river. Fiberglass is just too much to worry about out there.
    I will be up for fishing on Sunday depending on the weather. If there is some snow I have a heck of a 4 wheel drive on my SUV, just no boat:tounge_out:.

16. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    The weather man sure is optimistic about getting snow on saturday. :sad2: Hopefully he hits the nail about as close on the head as usual. You know, like smashes his finger instead . :smile2::smile2:
    I guess if it snows a bunch. I can just pull up to the top of the ramp and ride my boat down on the toons like skis. Not sure how I'll get it back out though. :confused2:
    I have a X-mas party to go to on Sunday, otherwise I'd be willing to go then too.

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I bet thats aggravating Mike to say the least. Dont get discouraged. Its a pain the butt, but you'll get her purring like a kitten soon. At least it's happening now before the warranty runs out. :wink:

18. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Went fishing above Mel Price from about 4:30 yesterday afternoon to about 11:30. I figured I'd get out before the snow came. The boat was a little hard to get started for the first time. And we had to break through a little ice in the slack water at the marina. The water temp was about 32.6 to 33.3 degrees. :eek:oooh: Anyways, we didn't do any good. My buddy had one take down. But he kinda of got excited and yanked the hook right out it's mouth. You'll be happy to know Ryan, that the kitty got the bait and didn't get poked with the hook. :smile2:
    Someone told me it was supposed to warm up next week? Anyone else hear that?

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    how was it? many others out, rain and mid 40's by mid week I think they were saying, and more snow next saturday?

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey guy's I get 4 days off for xmas.. Saterday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.. Guess where I'm gonna be Saterday, yep back at the shop drilling lead for leadfest.. I'm running out of time before the big day.. I want to make sure we have enough lead for everybody... hehehe