Saturday Supper!

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by DANZIG, Feb 2, 2008.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Catfish chowder and Bay Scallops sauteed in butter.

The Chowder recipe modified with, the catfish, (December's from the lake) A bit o chardonnay wine,(and with supper, A Great match!) touch of hickory smoke seasoning, and Durkee Kansas City chicken seasoning(grill mates) 'cause I did not have any of Babe's seasoning.

"Thermos Chowder
    1 large onion (chopped)
    2 Cups carrots (chopped)
    2 Celery ribs (chopped)
    ¾ cup butter
    2 10 ¾ oz condensed cream of potato soup (undiluted)
    1 ½ -2 cup cooked and flaked small mouth or any mild fish
    3 Tbsp cornstarch
    1 Quart Half & Half
    1 tsp Northwood’s Grill Seasoning
    1 Cup bacon (cooked & crumbled)
    Salt & Pepper to taste​
    In large saucepan sauté butter, onion, carrots, celery, until tender. Stir in soup, fish, bacon & seasonings. Combine cornstarch and small amount of Half & Half until smooth. Stir in soup, add remaining cream bring to a boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
    --Kris Winkleman"
    ---------------------

Don't hate me......

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That sounds real good,Lawrence. I noticed it was from winklemans show,I love thier recipes ,gooduns . Thanks for postin it.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yep, I wish I could take credit for that recipe. It is the best new one I have made in quite a while.

The word, orgasmic, comes to mind. Of course, you have to understand that I am an unabashed, and unrepentant, food junkie. IMO there are few things in this world as enjoyable as a good meal.

I will be making that again and can whole heartedly recommend it!:big_smile:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'll have to copy that and try it, That really sounds good. Thanks for posting :cool2:.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    love scallops and fish. sounds like a winner. i have plenty of catfish. now i just need to get some scallops. thanks for sharing the recipe.