Saturday report.....

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Aug 2, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    My 6 yr old and I lauched from Dutch Gap today got a late start and it got hot quick. We set up shop under the 895 bridge and he caught a small one right off the bat. We were so comfy under the bridge we were in no hurry to move, stayed there a while and no other takers.

We finaly decided to move out into the sun and as we worked our way back down river we got a great look at an eagle we followed him from tree to tree from side to side of the river and it impressed my boy as he called him "our countrys' bird".

We figured if the eagle was doing his fishing in the area so would we, we set up shop in the area and were getting lots of bites and put three more fish in the boat before we ran out of bait and began to sizzle like two pieces of bacon in grandmas frying pan. My son got one around five pounds and made his day.:big_smile: Dads day too!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks like you had fun I can't take the summer heat in Richmond. I used to but not any more. Good catch

3. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Jeff...looks like you had a great day..sorry I did not get back to you..could not fish this weekend...too many chores.. Let's go in a couple of weeks..I got my new net in.

4. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Chris, in a couple of weeks sounds great!
    Keep in touch.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks like you had a great day on the water, Jeff!

Hey, for that six-year-old fishing partner you have there...I'll trade you an eleven-year-old girl with her eyes glued to a Nintendo. She won't fish, but she does cook pretty well for her age!

Just kidding! :wink: