Saturday pond hopping

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by LoneStarCatter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. LoneStarCatter

LoneStarCatter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Due to the bad weather around El Dorado yesterday morning and some appointments that we had to keep, we didn't get to got to any lake or river to fish. Instead, we grabbed a couple rods and headed to some ponds that I got permission to fish. I was trying to catch some bream to use for bait next weekend and my wife wanted to try for some catfish. I didn't really think that there would be any in these ponds, but the owner of one pond told us that some pretty good channels had been pulled out of the deeper end so I set her up and off she went. She was using catalpa worms i got from a tree by my office. (company supplied bait!) I was pulling bream out left and right, ended up with plenty for next weekend. She ran out of worms so we had to leave and get some more. We went back and fished until it was too dark to see. She must have pulled 2 dozen cats out of that pond. These were her first catfish ever. She is hooked, said that these are way more fun to catch than bass! I was proud of her. First 3 fish were 15", next 3 were 18"-22", a bunch of small ones that she threw back, and she kept 4 over 24". Not a bad haul for an evening of pond hopping, especially for her first time. I only got a few pics of her with the first 5 fish, before we left to get more bait. These are cell phone pics that I tried to lighten up with photoshop. She is already asking if we can go again next weekend! Gonna cook them up tonight with come sweet potato fries and some coleslaw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Yup,

I can tell by the smile on her face, she is hooked. Probably the best thing you ever did for her. She will get many hours of fun from it in the future. Keep us posted and welcome to the BOC.

don3778