Saturday on the NE Cape Fear

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Timber Cat, May 8, 2007.

1. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Just wanted to tell ya'll about our trip this past saturday.my son wanted to take a friend of his catn cause he had never been before.So we loaded up and off we went.My cousin meet us down there at "the cabin" and we put in and started catchin bait.After we caught 5 or 6 bream ,my son and my cousin headed down to one of our holes while me and my sons buddy caught a few more bream.After putting about 15 in the live well we headed back down to where the other two were at.And we got there just in time to see my son fightn a cat.He got him in and weighed him.Just a little over 10lbs.We then anchored up down from them and set out our lines.Mine started to spool after a few minutes but all of a sudden quit.Then the other rod went off that my sons buddy had.The fight was on!He got the fish to the boat and it was a 7lb flathead.His first big cat!He then looked at me and said I'm hooked now:big_smile: .As we were getting the fish out of the net my rod bent to the water and I grabbed it and sat the hook.I couldnt get that fish off the bottom.First one that I have gotten ahold of like that too.Ater about a minute or two trying to get him up he finally made a run for it and broke my line:sad2: .All of us were shocked and happy at the same time.Just wish we could have got him to the boat to see him.But he is still in there so we will be back:big_smile: .I think we stayed down there about 2 hours before the thunder storm ran us out.Soaked but happy we headed home.We had a great trip!!!:lol:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie sounds like yall had a great trip. It sure is fun to get another kid hooked on fishing.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I haven't been down that way in over a year, and not seriously catting in a while, I might need to see if I can get up with you sometime to hit old waters!

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Sounds like a great fishing trip, it always stinks when a big one breaks you off like that but maybe you'll get it next time. My dad is down here from illinois right now and his biggest cat so far is a 21lb flathead. It seems like everytime he comes down here there is bad weather. I am going to make it my mission in life to get him on a huge NC catfish, and break his puny 21lb PB lol. It seems like everytime he leaves I catch fish in the 40's and 50's and when he's here they aren't biting.

5. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Thanks everyone ! It was a great trip for sure:smile2: .I enjoy being able to go and having my son,cousin and one of my sons friends that has never been get to go makes it even better.I like seein their faces when they see the rod bend and start fightn the fish.Hope to get to go this weekend if the weather holds out.Callin for some thunder and rain:eek:oooh: .Might be dodgin showers :big_smile: .And maybe this time I will remember to bring the camera!