Saturday on the Mud River

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by DANZIG, May 7, 2006.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not a bad day despite the total lack of catfish...
    We got out to Ona Falls around 3 pm went to the bottom with nightcrawlers and threw a roostertail spinner to pass the time between bottom bites.
    Spinner was hot, small Stripers and Saugers every fifth cast or so.
    Then the Bowfins started hitting the nightcrawlers... the largest was 7 to 8 lb. and 12 others on down to 1lb. One on the spinner! We missed and lost quite a few also.
    All went back in the water with the exception of 1 striper used for cutbait, the Bowfins hit that too.

Now a question... I caught one Bowfin that had damn near neon green fins... Has anyone seen this before?

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey man im from the same area you i guess. im from milton we need to do some fishing sometime. like this weekend i need a partner fishing a tourney are you interested?

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have never fished a tourney before.. But alas, it is a good buddy of mine's birthday weekend and we have a tradition of an all nite fishing trip for his B-day. Most likely we will be at Beechfork L. Where is the tourney?

4. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey man got another one this coming weekend 25 dollars to get in....5 hrs long pays 100 or so dollars every hr.. caught 42 lber sunday...let me know if you wanna go