Saturday night

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Malichi1970, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Who's up for fishing Saturday night? The rivers are dropping fast and I'm sure we can find a ramp open somewhere that we can get access to the Mississippi river.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'd be up for it, but I already got other plans. I'm betting Linus would probably go. He's been up in New York for a little while, and when I talked to him yeterday, he said he was ready to get back out there. I dunno about Flamm City being open, but according to NOAA, the boat club should be open by then.:wink:

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    WOO HOO!!!!! THANK THE GOOD MAN ABOVE!!!! THE RIVERS ARE DROPPING!!!!! OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to get back on the Mississippi I can't hardly stand it!

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hell, according to this, Alton should be open by July 14th or 15th!!!!!!!!!

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I hear ya there!! That's exactly why I went to Kansas City last weekend. By Sunday there were some rocks out of water that were attached to the bank. They looked kinda familiar, just can't place em right now. :roll_eyes:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Not sure where they were putting in at, but on the way home from work I passed over the Meramec @ 55 hwy and saw 4 boaters on the river.

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    That ramp over in Valley Park has been pretty popular lately Tom...my bet is thats where they put in at.

Yeah Gary I kind of thought that Rynus maybe interested in getting out there too, but I knew he had been fishing with his Dad in NY and wasn't sure what his schedule would be for the weekend in regards to the little one.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'd love to join you guys this weekend, but I'll be back flying again. My July is absolutely crazy. I'm surprised I'm not growing wings.

Anyhow, best of luck to you guys if you make it out there. Hopefully you all will find some fish.

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Oh come on Cuz...I know you Pilots get sick days. Just call them and tell them you've the Blue fever. If they know you well enough they'll understand that the river is dropping fast and is begging for someone to come fish it. :wink:

10. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Good luck if you do find a ramp that is usable and you're going to need even more luck to catch a fish with the river falling so fast save your gas money and wait til it slows down and the ACOE starts releasing some water off of the lakes but if you got the fever i guess you got to do what you got to do. Good Luck!

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you fellows will be on the river in no time.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You are correct buddy, we do get sick days. I'm saving em up for Late August, Sept and October. :wink: Those are the months this rampant "Blue Fever" reaches a pinnacle. :smile2:

13. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I am so ready to get back on the Mississippi. I fished the Missouri (Weldon Springs area) for about 8 hours today and did not catch a single fish other than bait, which I had no problem finding. I wish I could go this weekend but I already have other plans. I look forward to the next gathering and good luck Saturday.

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
  15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    No fishing for me for a while. Getting to some more boat mods while the rivers are messed up (rod rack, AM/FM stereo, bait tank, canopy). Oh yeah, maybe a massive deck for the house:eek:oooh:complete with a pergola and fire pit. Built by yours truly (what am I getting myself into)??:eek:oooh:. Working on a stone water fountain for the yard also. Possibly a small pergola in the front and/or a stone sidewalk too.:eek:oooh:

Skipeye will be busy...........:crazy:

This Saturday should be a rebuilding of Rod racks for myself and Mr. Twellman. Same as the original SkipEye design but made with Stainless Steel tubing and 1/2" driftmaster duo's.:crazy::crazy::crazy::eek:oooh::cool2:

Skippy's original rod rack, including driftmasters will be for sale at a reasonable price to someone with a 2072 3 degree hull SeaArk. May fit other SeaArk's if your transom braces are angled (Not sure how to explain that????)

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Dang Skippy! Sounds like you got a project going. Are you getting a bimini top? If you are, how much, cause, that's gonna be the finishing touch to my boat for now. Probably won't get one till next month though, gotta tie up some loose ends this month. Glad to see you are going with the 1/2" driftmasters. They are definetely the CAT SASS!:smile2: I believe Cuz has a 30 pack iced down right now waiting for me to come over there and install his driftmasters.:cool2::wink:

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Not a bimini. I am thinking more along the lines of an arched canopy top 8' wide by 9' long that more or less stays in place, yet easily removable. The canvas top will roll up to one side when not in use. Thats the plan anyway but its gonna cost some bucks, gotta see if I am dreaming too big.:roll_eyes:

This will be a custom fabrication, from my own demented mind, NOT AVAILABLE at your local marine store.:smile2:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Official Weather Report Bulletin.. .. .. .. .. For July 15 through 25th.. .. .. .. .. Platin Rock Boat Ramp will be open and free of debris.. .. .. .. .. Mississippi River will be within normal depth range and holding steady with chance of slight rise.. .. .. .. .. Mornings will be clear blue sky 72 degrees at daybreak.. .. .. .. .. Afternoons will be cloudy, slight drizzle with 5-10 mph winds, 80 degrees.. .. .. .. .. Evenings & night will be clear with no rain & a low of 70 degrees.. .. .. .. ..

Hey, it's been since November since I last had a vacation, I need this!!!!

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok Tom we are gonna hold you to that weather report.. I don't think anybody has fired a weatherman in years.. hehehe. I am game for some fishing Saterday.. But as usual I'll need a ride in somebody's boat..

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

So let it be written, So let it be done.

Dam, who was ya mad at last night Kutter. Wow what a line of weather.