Saturday night fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Oct 30, 2007.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i took my son out saturday night to my of the canals out here in Yuma AZ. we caught some nice gills for cutbait and also had some chicken livers. we were joined by a couple of my junior Marines and spent the night out there. didnt get a bite so i fell asleep at around 0030 and woke up around 0500. i went and checked my rod and found one was missing. i wasnt to concerned cause it was a little walmart cheap-o that i had set out for gills. so i reeled in my other rods to check the bait and snagged a line. then i saw the tip of my rod sticking out of the water. i pulled it up the bank by the line and was happy to have my rod back i reeled it in and on the other end was a 2 lbs channel cat. that was the only cat we caught all night. caught it on a crawler. so it was not a very exciting night, but i thought the story was interesting.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    least you got the pole back and it even had a fish on it. i usually can't even get the pole back and it's one of my good ones. :sad2:
    talk your wife into the poles yet? i leave for vegas thursday. :big_smile:
    gary

3. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    she actually got me a brand new Abu 6600C4 reel this past weekend. now i am just looking for a good rod to mut it on. i am looking at getting 3 rods, all about 8 or 9 ft. i still dont know what i want yet though so its taking me a little time to decide. i will let you know though.

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    what a wife!!! sounds like she's finally understanding what a person needs to get some good fishing in with. LOL
    gary

5. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    yeah, i think after she lets me get the rods i am going to tell her that if i had a good catfish boat, it would make it all worth while. we will wait and see how long that one lasts. :big_smile:

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let me know how that works out fer ya will ya:beat_brick: I feel that one here man just shoot me will ya:eek:oooh:

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Whats up bro? Glad that you got your rod back! I dont know how many times I was able to grab mine just as it was being yanked out there!

8. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    hey whats up man. when you guys getting back? word on the street is you will be back fairly soon. the flathead ite is starting to pick up out here, but its not yet in full swing. hopefully it will be soon. maybe by the time you get back they will be on it. good luck out there and take it easy.