Saturday Night Chat.....1/14/06

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Jan 14, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We are having another "Saturday Night Chat" Yall come on in!:)

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We are having fun in there.......dont be shy....lol:p

Right now, Cheryl, Rainman, Deltalover, Gonefishin4kittys, and some more folks are in there....come on in!:)

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I'll check it out later.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Still in there.....yall come on in....dont let me scare ya off....I know I'm strange but....dang....LOL:)

6. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Hey,catmaster. I am just going crazy here in Ky. waiting for spring so I can go catting. I am spending my time building boats and getting together everything that I need. I was just looking at the rod holders and was wondering why they were on the back of the boat? I use two anchers and place my boat sideways to the current , then place my poles on the side of the boat. Any openions on that.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, yeah I cant wait for spring man. Although I have been doing pretty good this winter with the blues and stripers.....Hmmm....I cant tell ya much about the boat thing. Sorry man:eek:

Hope someone can help you man. Zakk:)

8. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Do you think that I can catch some blues here now?

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well I would say that you could catch blues pretty much all year. But you would have to do different techniques and stuff. And fish in different spots. Generally deeper water seems to be better in the winter. But thats not saying that they wont go shallow in the winter too. Because they diffently do. When the right conditions occur is when they go shallow.....and right conditions depends on what kind of water you are fishing......So do you fish a lake or river?

Zakk:)

10. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    I fish the Ky. river, twice this month I have tried with no luck at all. I used my depth finder to find deep(38 ft.) holes with downed trees . The finder showed many many fish there but no jow. I tried blood bait, shrimp and night-craelers. What am I doing wrong? The rest of the year I fist near a dam and do well. Now that I think about it I catch mostly channels though. I tried the dam the other day and nothing!

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hmmmm......sounds like you are doing the right kind of things. Do you happen to know the water temp? Channel Cats can be a little harder to catch in the winter than blue's though. Can you catch some Shad or Skipjacks somehow? Sometimes they work alot better. Also in the winter sometimes they will get out of the current as much as possible.

Zakk:)

12. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    The temp. was 42. I was in the current.

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    42 should be ok for them. Of course sometimes they just dont bite, no matter what time of year it is. But I would think that if you could find a deep hole out of the current then they would be hitting in that. Also look for the baitfish they are very important in finding the fish. Also the fish you saw on your depth finder could have been a different type of fish or something...?
    Hmmmm.....I'm still thinking about it....they should be hitting for ya.

Zakk.:)

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Looks like it turned into a Sunday morning chat. Y'all be good, I'm going to read a book by Sherilyn Kenyon. Night or mornin'. Enjoyed the chat.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    lol....yeah now everyones in there. Joking about JW's "fuzzy naval"....ewww....LOL:cool:

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Only you were Zakk (M.B.) LOL!!!

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL......Ok FUZZMAN.....Uhhhhh....What does (M.B.) mean?.....LOL:shy-big: :grin-big:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You Know what it means, LOL!!!:grin-big: :frk-big:

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    JW.....Dont you need to be shaving your fuzzy naval?.....:craf-big: :sick-big: :grin-big:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm in there again.....feel free to stop by.....:cool: