Saturday morning

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Feb 6, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Putting in at CB tomorrow morning. Any other fellers going to be out there?

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Only if I can wind up bumming a ride off someone. :embarassed: :smile2:

3. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I wish I could but I have to many things to do to get the boat ready for this summer. Good luck and enjoy the WARM weather.

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'd rep you for the fishing trip Greg, but it says I have to spread the love. :roll_eyes: Thanks again, I had a good time. NICE FISH!

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That was the definition of a "team" fish. I just reeled it in. I heard on the radio on the way home where you were voted the InSinkErator "Player of the Game". Without those skips, Pearl and I would have ended up fishing the gut pockets out of those snickers bars or his breakfast sandwich. I really did enjoy getting out there with you.

Now for the fishing report. It all fell into place just as we planned it.....textbook. Pearl, Freespool and I laid it all out before we ever took to the river. And I must admit, we hit it on the head.

The sun came out and warmed the banks with blank sand first (as expected). The fish moved on them and we caught one. Then, the sun went behind the clouds around noon and the fish moved off the black sand to the white sand (as expected). We caught another. Finally, the barometric pressure dropped 1/10th of a point, I couldn't feel it, but Freespool could and the fish moved off of the white sand to current rips. We caught the final one.

All said and done we ended up with 3 --- a 36, 20 and 9. Several taps, but only 3 took. Pearl managed to not embarrass himself, so it was a good day when said and done.

Attached Files:

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go guys! I'm glad you guys found em today. Wish I could of been on the water today, you guys had a great day for it.

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Got to love sun bathing fish, looks like you guys did your homework and were rewarded nicely! by the way what was the water temp when you caught them? This almost gets me a little movaited to get the duck blind off the boat so i can join in on the fun. Great job Greg!

8. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I think the water temp was around 38 in the missouri where the boat was sitting. I'm not sure it was any warmer where we were casting, but it may have been. When we caught the last one in current in 20+ feet of water, it pretty much turned our theory upside down.

I'm sure there is a pattern there somewhere, but we couldn't figure it out.

The sippy was still hovering around 32, not a ton of ice chunks...but some.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the report Greg. Nice day on the water. Glad you guys were successfull. Now Ol Freespool didnt just 'jump' out of the boat into the river did he? He's been known to do that on occasion. :smile2::wink: And did he get back to the ramp with all of his line? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good job guys, You guys managed to boat some nice fish. All I could get on was dinks. But that seems to be my life story lately.:smile2: