Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Sat. moning at 7:00 it was so foggy on the chick you couldn't see your fishing pole in your hand lol. We decided to head across the lake to a small little cove to catch a few wild shinners to try along with our cut bait. I guess we were there about an hour and caught only about 10 to get started on. On the way to one of our favorite catfish holes we had to pass by one of our crappie holes and we couldn't resist stopping there for a few min. to see if the crappie were there. Well they were and they were hungry. Charlie was catching them on minnows and I was catching them on jigs in about 8' of water. I have no ideal how many we caught, guite afew were to short but about every 3rd fish you would get a nice one. I brought home 15 my limit for the freezer. We stayed there until about 10 or 10:30 am and decide we should move on to our catfish hole. By now it was starting to warm up pretty good and our skin was starting to get moist and slippery like an old catfish. We started out with Charlie using the shinners and me using the cut bait, but the catfish just didn't seem to be interested in our offering, so back to the crappie hole again. Charlie did manage to get a couple of nice eater size cats to take a minnow at our carppie hole. By now it was getting real warm and was starting to cloud up for the evening showers so we headed to the ramp, took the boat out and headed home. It was a good day even if we didn't get any big cats.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.