SATURDAY MAY 31ST MEETING AND DOLLAR TOURNEY

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, May 16, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Greetings Troopers.

We will have our meeting at the Cabelas Store on Saturday May 31st coupled with a Dollar Tourney on the same day.

Times to Follow, as I'm waiting on a phone call from Cabelas.

Would you guys rather meet early for the meeting than head to the river, or meet at the boat ramp early and have the meeting that night. I like the idea of getting the meeting over with rather early then heading to the river.

Thoughts?

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have a graduation party for my niece that afternoon. Guess I can make the meeting if its in the morning. But I am gonna have to make the party. My sister will kill me ifn I dont.

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Meeting and dollar day combo sounds good here. Cabela’s might wonder about all the little shiney sparkles on the tables and the smell of baitfish lingering plus if the bite is on we wouldn‘t want to leave. Either way I’m open but would rather put the cap on the beginning then be able to enjoy the river and what the day brings. Don't know if anyone is going to the New Madrid tourney that day but it's good here for the combo.

4. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey Cuz:
    It dont really matter one way or another to me But if the weather is nice we might go boating.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I thought about the New Madrid Cabelas Event when I scheduled this. Based on another thread in another section, I was under the assumption that only Grumper and I would be the only Gateway Guys considering going down to fish that tourney. Grump and I have "painfully" decided that it would be between 600 and 1000 dollars to go to that tournament, and being as we are already qualified for the Classic we just cant justify the cost. I hate it because it truly is one fun tournament. We will be fishing Justins Tournament, and the Cabelas Louisiana Event though.

Anyhoo, I'm leaning towards having the meeting Early that Saturday morning, then the dollar tourney till dark. Like Michael said, there wouldnt be any need to rush to get off the river to make the meeting.

Looks like the Ol Coons drug up the Ole Jer who has been in hiding. :smile2: Jer, you will have time to make the meeting, and still have The Yacht floating by lunchtime for the start of Happy Hour :wink: Perhaps you could drag the yacht and explore the Alton Pool of Water. The Mrs might want to tour Grafton and all the shops instead of look at the river from mile marker 150 and 140 anyhow. :smile2::wink:

However, IF we do have a few guys that do want to go to New Madrid, the possibility exist of having the Meeting and Dollar Tourney on Sunday. I dont know how many members we have that must be in Church but I'll consider it if we have several folks that want to do the Cabelas Event.

Please advise on this thread your thoughts folks so I can get the ball rolling.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I would naturally vote for Sunday so I can do the dollar tourny. But I am just one of many.

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Saturday is my open day that weekend. Had dink recently ask to come fish his gatherings and my answer was dude, I can’t do Sundays. Cooks gathering is my one and only allotted Sunday of the year.

8. boots

boots New Member

State:
    illinois
    Cuz, the combo sounds great, I have never fish one this with some of the best catmen or catwomen in Mo. and Il. Tony:big_smile:

9. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I can do either/or. Doesn't really matter to me. Where will the tourney be launching from?

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Either one sounds good to me, as long as the meeting is in the morning! (well not before 10am anyway:smile2:)

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Anybody gonna have a spare seat and a half? Eric and I might make the trip - it's my last weekend before I punch out for 6 weeks in Cali and it'd be neat to do something with him and Joe before I go. Have to run it by the red head, first, of course:wink:.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Anything will be fine with me, cause I may have to sit this one out either way. Work both days and won't be able to get out of either. Also, the Kutters Katter is still sittin in the driveway just like she was when I took her out of winter storage. Lot's of minor work needs to be done before ready for the Mississippi River.

I do like the idea of meeting in the morning and fish till dark.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Either day is fine with me.. So are we doing the dollar tourney in Alton this time.. I sure would like to fish some of mu old holes before Justin runs all my fish off... hehehe

Tom, if you need any help getting the Katter ship shape, give me a call..

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Saturday works for me and putting in around the Alton/CB area sounds good too.

15. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Now that I am out of school for a bit I would love to make a little trip up to Stl. and see if I can catch a new PB blue.

Since I will have to bum a boat ride I don't what day.

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok, so whose boat do I get the privalege of riding in this time..

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well have boat space for everyone I'm sure. The Dollar Tourney will be "open ramp" so guys can choose where they want to put in at. With Cabelas being so close, I'd assume most guys will utilize the Alton or CB Ramps.

18. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Not to argue with the "Prez", but I don't like the "open ramp" concept. The idea of the Dollar tournaments was to get together, which is the part I personally like. If everyone is running out of whatever ramp they want then there is no get together. I can understand if someone like Russ wants to get in and is as far away as he is, but most members live in the St. Louis vicinity and are capable of making it to one ramp. Oh well, just my 2 cents. :roll_eyes:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good Point. We can all utilize one ramp. Matters not to me. CB and the Alton Ramps are all real close. Up to you guys.

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I agree with Mike. .........And Harold. Do any one have room Mr. Float trip?