Saturday lunch break...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Oct 29, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got to take a helicopter ride Saturday on my lunch break. My brother inlaw's brother brought his chopper down, and was giving rides, so I had to get in on it. Sheila, Coltan, and I went. It was our first time in a chopper, and I was suprised at how smooth the ride was. It was very windy, and I was expecting it to be rough. It was tons of fun, but too short. I coula flown around for hours. Here's a video of the landing, and I'll post some photos too.

[youtubevid]DShsc965AUY[/youtubevid]

2. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    ...And here's a few pics. The first one, obviously is the chopper. The second is just a pic above town. The third one is of my house. I may post more later.

Attached Files:

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Too cool, I always wanted to give that a try myself. Maybe some day.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That looks like fun. Glad you got to take the ride.
    Thanks for the pic's

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    id rather fly in a helo than anything else that leaves the ground. its like a "boatload" of fun... in the sky.

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am very fortunate I was a flight engineer in the Army for 20 Plus years and have over 1800 hours of flight time in helicopters and it is a blast

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    great pics.kat but im sorry i looked.all this time when you talked about your choper i thought you were talking bout a motor cycle.ruint my picture of you as a biker gangster.j/k

8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry my biker image was ruined for ya Johnnie lmao. I like a little steel between me, and the pavement. I do like dirt bikes though. I like choppers (custom motorcycles) too though. Like to look more than anything. Does that make me any less hardcore?:confused2::big_smile:

Oh, it's worth mentioning that I have a good friend that owns a custom motorcycle shop. He repairs bikes, and has built a couple of real sweet bikes. So, I could be guilty by association. R&R Cycles if you ever get up this way.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    by the way kat i have taken off in 5 helos but ive never landed in one.

10. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Hmmmm. Not good. Either you got shot down 5 times....really bad odds. OR, you jumped out of a perfectly good helicopter 5 times....still not good odds. :confused2::smile2: