Saturday fishing?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by stlcatman, Dec 22, 2007.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well did anyone go out today? Lets hear some fishing stories!

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yes! I caught my PB today! He was 64lbs. And he put up a heck of a fight. I also caught 5 or 6 other kitties over 40 lbs. I just couldn't keep them off of my bait. As soon as I threw it in, my poles were instantly bending over. Then I woke up and realized it was 8:30 already. And I somehow slept through my alarm clock. And when I looked outside, it was already raining so I called the trip off. :smile2::smile2:

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, ya did ask for stories. LOL

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I wouldn't expect anything else from this group Tom. With the amount of fishing I have been able to do lately, or lack there of....stories will do nicely!:wink:

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    It has been so long Dan, that I can't even catch a fish in my dreams.:smile2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Boy, thought I was the only one with that problem, I could tell ya a story but it would have to start with "Once upon a time"...LOL:eek:oooh:

7. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    No way, still wrapping presents. I asked Santa for a "kitchen pass" ! I'm crossing my fingers.--Bigwhiskers

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You think you got problems... It's been so long since I went fishing that I can't remember where I put my poles.. I guess I should have drawn myself a map huh... hehehe

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm in the same situation as Harold - I was wondering what those things were leaning in the corner of the garage covered in cobwebs and then I realized they were my fishing poles:sad2: I'll get out here before too long, maybe. Probably won't be until February or so when I take the boat out for a check ride.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The last time I went out Branden was when your boy caught that big fish down here.. Mike and me finished up the lead for leadfest today so if it don't get cold enough to hunt then I'll be on the river before long if I gotta pay somebody to take me.. But I don't like cold so it's gotta be above 40 for me to go..

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well maybe next weekend or on new years day the weather will be nice enough.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    If we could be so LUCKY around here.Only in the 30's all week they say.Too cold for this ol man.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ain't that the truth... I got 2, 4 day weekends in a row and the weather isn't going to co-operate.. Ok, who's got a heater on their boat and wants to go fishing sometime between the 29th and 1st... hehehe Maybe Santa will bring me a pair of Carhats for Xmas..

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    'Rumor' Has the artist formerly known as darryl has a wonderful heater on the flag ship skipeye :wink::smile2:

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah I heard that rumor too.. He hasn't been on here much lately, I think he found a cave somewhere up there and is thinking about hibernating for the winter.. We're going to have to keep an eye on Kutter, he's starting to convert more people into that hibernating thing.. Before long he'll think he's a Guru or something...hehehe

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I know he is. The day he starts inviting folks this Cave Hideaway were all doomed. :wink: Perhaps the kittys get hard to find this time of year for a reason. Maybe its just meant for us to take a month or two off from the kittens and reminisce and shoot the BS. We have two good events coming up for BS'ing, so hopefully they will make these dog days of winter slip on by a little faster. :wink:

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Upcoming Events..
    Skipfest, thats what the Kentuck boyz will be calling it after we go down there an whoop there butts.. hehehe
    Leadfest 2008... The official beginning of the soon to be World Famous " Gateway Cats "...
    Our first official Tounament, with more to follow..
    I'm just proud to be able to say I was there to witness all these events and am looking forward to spending many years with new friends and old friends doing something that we all love to do...

18. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It's LeadStock, geez loweez!

Not hibernating here, just busy with the holiday season, accumulating Brownie points!

PipeRat and I went to Lock and Dam 25 yesterday for a couple hours. Could find zero fresh bait, used the last bag of the infamous frozen SkipEye's, not one nibble. Cut our losses and headed home to finish our to-do lists for the wives.:eek:oooh:

Ice chunks in the river yesterday, not sure how much longer we can fish having never fished in the winter before (and from the luck we have had thus far, questioning the sanity of doing so in the freezing temps).:smile2:

Hoping for a good skip run in two weeks to take care of the bait situation.

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Leadfest.... Leadstock... Hey I was in the ballpark... So I had one of Bob's blonde moments... hehehe
    Beleive it or not Daryll, the ice chunks will come and go all winter.. There will be 50 and 60 degree days quite often all winter long where you can hit the river and chase those frisky critters.. Thats the easy part.. Finding them and getting them in the boat is the hard part.. Just being out there and being able to try... Well now, thats the fun part...

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm beginning to think this Skipeye would be a fine Gateway Meeting Sentry. He sure aint gonna let us miss nuttin is he? :smile2:

Of course, I cant for the life of me imagine why on earth he could possibly be out to get any of us. L M A O !!!!!