Saturday fishin report

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rcneman, Jul 2, 2006.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    had a nice day on the water yesterday mornin. launched the boat and the shad were schooled up right at the ramp..SWEET! threw the cast net a couple times and had bait for the day :smile2: A couple weeks ago, i spent half the mornin lookin for bait...lol

anyways, caught 7 or 8 channels, biggest was pushin 10lbs, and 4 rockfish..all over 14 inches, but under 15..:roll_eyes:

was a great day on the water...but got HOT quick :crazy:

cyas
    rc

2. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I went yesterday morning. I launced out at Trice Landing and went west and caught a turtle and 1 cat about 2lbs. I used shrimp and cheap hotdogs. I went this morning and tried to catch some skipjack at the powerplant at Cumb City with no luck. The last few days I've had a dry spell. Where did you put in at and what bait were you using? I need some help and it would be greatly appreciated. Nick

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    we went over to cheatham dam area. We used the shad most of the time...some cut, some whole, just offered up the shad in several ways on multiple poles.

1 of the rockfish came on cut shad, the others were on rapalas out in the main river channel.

We were goin over to cumb city area off and on, but it's a bit farther to drive. We have had a much harder time findin skipjack anywhere and that was on of the reasons for the extra drive..gettin skipjack over at the steamplant. Since the water temp have gone up, they seem much harder to locate.

laterz
    robert

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on a great day of fishing. Always nice when you get there, and get bait nice and easy. Makes the day start off great.