Saturday Eve At Gridley Lake (JEPCSF&WA)

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishinpals, Jul 31, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    My wife, I and our granddaughter joined with Mongesf (Shawn) and his wife for a little cat fishing Saturday evening at Gridley Lake. Hope to be able to do it again soon. My wife and granddaughter had to leave early but our granddaughter did manage to catch several bluegills for bait. We had a great time of fellowship with Mongesf and his wife. Fish were not as cooperative as we had hoped. We did leave with 3 channels, the largest being 8 ½ pounds. All were caught on dip bait. We had shrimp and bluegill heads also but no takers on them. Good sign though that the fishing for cats is picking up at site M. Gridley is known for some 20 pounders.

July 29 - Gridley Lake With Shawn & Amy - 8.5 Channel.jpg

2. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sounds like you had a fine time, nice job on the channels as well.
    I'm sure the young'in had a great time catchin those gills, my son always has a blast.

3. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    Jim, Amy and I would like to thank you again for meeting with us and showing us some new techniques. We had a blast. Will have to get together again sometime. Might want to check out the Junction Pound some time and see what happens. I ordered a Ugly Cat Stick last night, hopefully it will be here later on this week. Thanks again for the great time and fellowship

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sounds good to me. We had a great time also. May go this evening for awhile but will have to figure how to get down to the water to dip one if they should bite. Anytime you want or can just let me know and we will set a time and place. We still have our granddaughter but think we will be taking her back tomorrow but that's what I thought Sunday. She can stay as long as she wants to but school will be starting soon and Janet has to go in and get class ready. Have a good one and tell Amy hi for us.