Saturday at Meldahl

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by misterwhisker, Oct 19, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    fished below the dam sat.night throu sun morning, was targeting blues, but struck out,maybe next time,we did manage to catch about 30 channels ,biggest about 5 lbs,and we did have a couple good runs, but nothing,it was a little chilly and the fog sun. morning was thick maybe 10 to 15 ft. visability, several boats made there way thru the fog, had one boat almost ran us over but turned in time,close call let me tell ya.... but all in all it was a good time fishin... NEED RAIN....

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes sir Buddie that fog can be life threating it's best to stay put and listen for other boats and congrats on the channels and reps for the report

3. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was there on the kentucky side fishing from the bank for skipjacks on Friday evening fishing with minnows and sibikki rigs and was catching the crap out of the small channels on the minnows. If you don't mind me asking, what were you using to catch the channels?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a fun and exciting fishing trip. thanks for posting

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well bud it is what it is, the river is flat out garbage right now, it will be 2 to 3 weeks before I even fish again. This stagnant river has really just burnt me out, i did not think it would happen but it has. Not gonna waste the gas to motor up and down the river, see fish everywhere and have no takers. Best to give it a break now before I put the poles and boat up for sale...:smile2:.....Catcrazed has it right, maybe I will just take some minnows and sit on the bank at the dam and catch the crap out of all kinds of fish....regardless its time for an intermission, just sit at home and pray for rain...:sad2:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    BTW, I would be tickled pink to go out and catch 30 fish no matter what size, I would also be interested in what you caught them on....humming bird heart wasnt it??:eek:oooh::smile2:

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    we were using DOC'S, it is the best, we have tried all kinds of dips, but it is the king of all dips, we had tried creek chubs, minnies,gold fish,blue gill,suckers, lil muskies,rock bass,shiners,and bass, cut, live,heads, tails,gut pockets, but dip bait was king on this trip,i alwas use it when i take the boys it keeps them buisy.never leave home with out it....when all else fells...dipity do da all day..

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    PAUL WE HAD TO OF BEEN CLOSE I PUT IN AT MOSCOW SAT MORNING AND FISHED TILL NINE OR TEN. LIKE YOU CAUGHT NOTHING BUT SMALL CHANNELS.