Saturday And my Daughters first trip

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Didnt do as well today,but yesterday will be tough to top. Got to the lake at about the same time, but the fishing was much slower. This was my 7yr old daughter's first real fishing trip, and very first time on a boat. After jetting across the lake to our starting point she got a little sea sick:eek:oooh: . After feeling better and getting to some fishing we ended up with 12 total with the biggest being caught by my 7yr old daughter, got beat again...this time by a girl. I think im gonna stay home tomorrow, might get out next weekend Ill let you all know.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the trip..rollo

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Yeah but it ain't so bad getting beat by them younguns tho'. Sounds like a good trip.

4. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    nah, not so bad. I had tons of fun just helping. My daughter did have her hands full pulling in her fish, she wanted to use her Princess fishing pole, but I told her the fish we go after are just a little bigger than the bluegill she is used to catching from the bank. Her big fish today weighed 4# she was tired by the time it got to the side of the boat. So I had just as much fun helping as I would have catching.