Saturday again.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Jan 9, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Anyone fishing this Saturday? I'm hoping to get out Saturday morning for a day of hunting blues. :big_smile: Seems like I haven't fished in months. Although I was catching skippies left and right last saturday in Cumberland City. And spent the previous Saturday around Alton, and the Chain of Rocks. I need to get back out there!! :crazy:

2. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Let me talk with the boss in the morning Dan if it don't cost me a fortune in brownie points I'll go with you. We talking hitting the river early?

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Sounds good Mike. I'd like to get out there at a decent hour. I don't really have a set time in mind. Let me know what'll work with you.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'll let you know what her ideas are.... I know we've got plans that night, so I think it should be Ok if I'm gone all day. :eek:oooh:

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'd like to go but, I think I may be waiting until February or later in the Month. I just can't seem to figure out this "winter pattern" for some reason. :embarassed::confused2::angry::crazy:

So.....if you head out there and catch a few, let me know what the secret is.

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I can't seem to find any fish since winter set in either. But I'm gonna keep trying. :wink: As long as the icebergs allow enough room to manuever. I got a few light bites out of a hole I've never tried before a couple weekends ago. So I'm gonna rig up a stinger hook on the end of my bait to try and get those suckers. I've got a few new Catfish Safari poles that are going to bring me good luck, right? And some fresh Tennessian Skipjack. :big_smile:
    Micheal Jake "accidentally" caught some blues just below the dam in Clarksville. I didn't think they would be up there in the current. I might just give that a shot too. There hasn't seemed to be to many in the deep holes down river. But I have to keep looking. :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Maybe that's the secret. Pretend like you don't want them to eat the bait. That's it.. I'm going fishing for asian carp.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Dan, I hope you catch fish, but a small, mean part of me hopes you don't. You're tirade awhile back after not catching any had me laughing so hard I think my ribs are still bruised:big_smile:

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    It wasn't a tirade Branden. It was Tissy Fit. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh yeah, the last time I was out there, I found a hole and every single pole that was in the water would be getting consistant little bites but I couldn't hook into a single fish! I down-sized my hooks and baits but that didn't do any good either. Pesky little fish!!!

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    When I get bored and all cabin-fevery in the winter I'll go to the mouth of a small feeder creek that dumps into the MO and use light rods, liver, and small hooks and just SLAY the little channels. Eric loves it to because he still has reflexes and can set the hook on the little devils before they realize what hit them:smile2: Nothing over maybe a pound, but fun to just catch fish all day and watch the little guy just pound the things. Not bad eating, either, if I'm not too lazy to clean 'em.

11. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'm good for Saturday Dan, where we meeting and what time?

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am going to try and get out Saturday also. Aaron might go with me. Where are you guys going to put in at? I still don't have the new finder installed so It looks like I am going to be fishing with the old one. Oh well, I just hope the boat runs.

13. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    How's the Alton Marina work for you? In the AM some time. Do we want to go REAL early, or just early?

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Where are you going to put in at Ryan? To bad about the fish finder. I'd be getting it put in one way or another. That thing looks sweet. :cool2:
    Did Cuz's "rats" get to you? You need to go try your luck now? Leave to Cuz to go out for the first time in months, and catch fish. When everyone else is getting skunked left and right. :confused2:

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I don't care when we out in Dan, I'd like to be off the water by around 5 though. You bringing the bait or do we have to find some?

16. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I have a couple skipjack that we can use. :wink: Willie's going to come along too I think. I need to make a run to Cabela's and get a couple extra rod holders. Hopefully I can pull that off tomorrow. Does 8 or 9 work for you guys?

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I only need 2...lol:wink:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Good luck out there Saterday.. I'll be moving stuff from the shed to storage.. If the weather doesn't turn nasty I'd like to make reservations for a trip on the river next Saterday Dan... hehehe.. I'll even let you furnish the skipjack... hehehe

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    From the shed to storage?? Storage costs money. What's going on?!?!
    Next Saturday sounds good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you. :wink: Oh yeah, I don't have any skipjack. What made you think I do?

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I don't know if I am going to go now. I just drove by the river after work tonight and it is really up. All of the wing dikes are under water and there is a lot of trash coming down. The back water is going to be filled with trash, no I might just stay home and try to get this fishfinder installed. I hope you guys get into them. Dan, make sure Mikes drag is loose, Mike make sure Dan puts hooks on the end of his line.........and whatever you do DON'T LET WILLIE NEAR THE MOTOR!:smile2::smile2: J/K guys good luck out there.