Saturday 12/13 Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Dec 14, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    The day was kind of so-so. Ended up with a 16, 20, 29, and 43. I finally found a spot in the afternoon where the bite was good....had two hard pulldowns that came unbuttoned. I was about to leave and was reeling in my first pole when another went down and the fish started running. It was the 43, which fought really hard, thought I had something alot bigger on. I packed a bag in case I decided to fish Sunday as well, but I had a decent day, so I called it a day and came back home. Will get back out in a few weeks. There was a ton of debris in the river, made running back to the ramp at dark kind of tricky.

Attached Files:

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    When I left the house yesterday it was 22 degrees cold start to a nice day. I went down to the Wilcox pier. It was a slow day. I pulled in a couple dozen or so small cats. Most I didn't know were even on the line till I pulled them in to check my bait. Thats how small they were. I always see people fishing down around an old pier, about the 2nd or 3rd old pier remains down from the Wilcox wharf. That may be a hole to catch some big ones if you ever are down that way.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    fine looking fish Josh. Thanks for the update.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If that was a so so day, I'd hate to see what a good day was!! GREAT job!

Bill in SC

5. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    LOL....think I gotta agree with Bill on this one.:roll_eyes: Congrats on the catches!

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    those ae some nice fish!!!!...........RAT

7. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Way to go Josh I can't wait to get back down there.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report and the pics :cool2:. If I live long enough, I hope to get up there and fish one of these days.

9. hotva29

hotva29 New Member

State:
    va
    fished saturday and sunday.caught a few fish on saturday with the biggest being 53.the biggest sunday was 47.i heard some pigs were caught sunday.

10. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Thanks for the report Josh. Anytime out is good time. Glad you got a few to boot

11. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Josh, good report. We were down Saturday as well. We saw you on the lower end of Presquile. That was us in the big jon boat, three of us. Taht hole we were fishing when you went by gave up a 43 and a 46 for us. We caught a 32 and a 28 at another spot. We caught a bunch of fish in the teens too. Every spot we fished there must have been hundreds of small cats. All nine poles were dancing all day like piano keys. I'd like to know how many catfish are in that river. Bait was a little tricky for us. Only caught 3 cutters, but plenty of 6-8 inchers. In fact, we caught all the big ones on small shad. I thought that tourney was saturday, but it wasn't. Awesome day weather wise. Tons of wood floating around and super strong outgoing tide. Might go back this weekend.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the great fish and thanks for sharing with us!

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's an excellent day! Thanks for the picture and report

14. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    I know where you are.... I know where you are.... nice fish Josh. I told you they fight harder in there..... Maybe someday people will listen to me........... hehehehe :wink:

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now I know the double secret spot. here I thought Mike and I were special when you shared with us at the picnic. My heart is broken but not so much as to forget the good spot. Thanks for being one of the true teachers and good guys on the river Cameron!

16. cameron_krazie

State:
    virginia
    I shared it with Josh as well.... I had him set up in there the night before the picnic and he had to leave before he could fish it.. Just glad he was able to get back in there... Thanks for the compliement.

17. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Mike's shown me a ton of water....pulled alot of nice fish from those spots. Hope I can repay the favor some day.

18. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Mike(cameron) You are the man....
    but I do feel kinda like Kenneth..:big_smile:
    mikeb

19. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Mike B and Kenneth, I still consider you guys "special". lol

20. cameron_krazie

State:
    virginia
    We are all special in our own way... well thats what the shrink keeps telling me.... Oh and look what you started Kenneth...