Satellite tips - High Tech Catfish Recon

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SangamonCatKiller, Jan 9, 2006.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    This subject was talked about briefly on the old mb and I thought it was worth bringing it back up to any one who hasn't or doesn't know the benifits of using the online satellite maps to find access to new areas. Personally, I like google when I go searching for new territory. Some will prefer Terraserver.com. At google for instance you can zoom in a great deal after you have located your favorite river(or lake) and pull a seperate window up and pull up the same map, find the same spot and click the road map. You can minimize and keep both up at once. Looking over land areas while following the roads on the map. I have found many roads on the satellite that weren't on the road map ! After that I usually just target some areas on the map and take the directions. Today we found some great looking access to a prime area of river. I have to get the gauld to ask the land owner to use his dirt road for access. I hope it goes well for ya'll in finding some new area this season. Good Luck !

2. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

what do you look under on google?
    Ernie

3. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    You should search for google maps in google the map i prefere is named google map it can show you both a road map as well as a satellite image

4. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    try google earth it also can give you a map as well as directions

5. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    anyone that lives in oklahoma can use the department of wildlifes website to. they have a killer satellite map system that has both bw and color images along with a whole lot of other hunting and fishing info. they even said their working on getting topo maps of the lakes and rivers installed into the program. now what more can one ask for?

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    a million dollars?

7. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    Lil' Hooker.. you are right! Google Earth is by far the best of the above mentioned. I have it downloaded to my computer now.. Thanks! Remember that fella's google earth has a high res satellite and many many other options.