Sat morning?

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by reddcat, Feb 23, 2007.

1. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    any body trying tomorrow around deepbottom.I will be there at first light

2. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    Hey Bruce I was down for the week since last saturday. The first day I got a 50 lb blue, and it was down hill from there, especially bad when the winds came on Thursday. How do you usually do at deep bottom? Did you hear that last week was not a great fishing week? I brought a friend and he was disappointed. Thanks for all the hints on bait though. we were able to get bait.
    dave

3. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i think the winter blues are harder to pattern. its a lot of the hit and miss

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    How deep was you fishing with all the sun today would be a good day to fish the flats in 20' or less.

5. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    Tim,
    we didn't try the flats when it was sunny, though I suggested we should try it. If we go down in mid April, what depths are best to fish then. I would really love it if my buddy got into a really big one this year.

Buy the way thanks to all of you in the BOC for the advice. We did get one 50 lb fish my PB.

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    If the fish weren't biting in the deep stuff I wouldn't have even second guessed going more shallow. Congrats on the PB though.

Wheelmobile07

7. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    WheelMobile7...was your profile pic. taken at the "Catfish Pond" near Martinsville? It looks familiar. That's why I ask. Nice catch man!!