Sat, March 7th Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Mar 8, 2009.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I ended up with a 43,36,25,20,20,5 and a 6.3# bowfin. I got on the water around midnight and the two citations came before 7 am. Once the weather warmed up, the bite turned off and all I got was sunburned. I got bait first in DB, and it was so-so. I kept the gill net with me and set it downriver later in the day and bait was very plentiful. I swear there was a boat every 50 yards on the river. It was crazy out there. I decided to quit fishing early afternoon due to the heat, the crowds, and the wind picking up. There was a line of boats waiting to launch and load at Deep Bottom, reminded me of Dutch Gap on a holiday weekend. Everybody and their cousin was out fishing. Even some of the out of the way spots had party boats in there hanging out and playing music and carrying on, destroying any peace and quiet. Never waved at so many people yesterday and not had my wave returned. :confused2:

Anyhoo, I won't be on the water on nice weekends anymore. Sub-50 and I'll be fishing! But I still had a great time and catching fish is always a bonus.

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anyone flip you the bird? I was out today. Lots of boats and when the first jet ski's showed up, I figured it was time to pack it in at noon. It was nice being out today but the crowds were a bit much. Glad you got on em Josh. Come back around the first of April and we will crush the Shad.

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Had a skunk of a weekend, good to be out. Glad you caught some monsters.
    Today I went to Charles City, I've never seen it so packed. It was an exodus on the pier and an exodus off....no bite. O well. I'm sunburned too.
    later
    good luck
    David

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good thing nobody did or I'd be reporting about the fight I had on somebody else's boat.:wink:

Yeah, I bought a bunch of darts and spoons a few weeks ago. I'm ready for it this time.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great trip, good luck in the future

6. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    glad you had luck josh. guess we ned to hope for crappy weather now to keep some folks home:sad2:

7. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    I must say after the beating I took Saturday, I must say I'm jealous. How much $$$$$ to get the gps location on a double secret spot. Heck I'll pay for single secret spot.

I would have been pleased w/ a bowfin. I went bass fishing today and pulled in a huge skunk.

Great job Josh!

:eek:oooh:Thats me green w/ envy!

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's fishing for you. I've seen boats around me catching big fish and i can't coax a dink to bite my bait. I think I was just out at the right time, which in this case was just really early.