Sat. fish trip Pre fish for toun.

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by swamp stomper, Jun 10, 2009.

1. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    Tried some usual places when I first got there. There was no current!
    Finally caught one that was 8lbs. Before dark they started releasing water and there was all kinds of trash and limbs flowing down river. Caught only one more before I left that maybe went 2lbs. I hope the weather calms down rain wise for the event. I ran into another member out there too I forget the name maybe he'll chim in.
    SS

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Travis, I am real excited to meet you next week. I hope they are pumping for our event. I think the "normal" holes will be pretty full and some exploration will be required. I have been trying some out of the way locations with the hope of finding a new honey hole.

3. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey travis. it was me and my dad that you talked to last sat. we didnt end up doing too much better after you left we fished till about 2 or 2:30 and still just the same as before we saw you, just more little ones:confused2:. i cant figure out how in the heck to get the big ones??????????????????:sad2:.
    we still had a good time though and i guess we caught about 20 fish.:big_smile:

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    20 fish! Those are some pretty good numbers. I distinctly remember a tournament where I could not catch 5 fish!:smile2: Hope to see you all out there next week.

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    we are planing on being there. i am hopeing to be able to pre fish this weekend but i am still trying to recover from last weekend. my schedule is wake up by 4:30am and in bed by 10:30pm. last weekend i didnt get in bed till 6am lol

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I know what you mean about long days. I get up at 0400 6 days a week. If I go fishing that means I am only getting about 2-3 hours of sleep before uncle sam wants to see me again.

7. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
  8. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    It always seems that way if your catching little ones then the biger ones aren't bitting! I'll be there again hopefully Friday night what night you going Shane? I'll probably be frying up a bunch of fish for some friends at work Saturday. I got alot of Crappie and some Lousiana Red fish I need to
    Fry up! The freezers full now that the wife can't eat fried food. Sucks to be Her!
    SS

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Travis, it will be next week before I can make it out again. Hope everyone catches some good fish over the weekend. If you get any monsters, email me a picture and I will get it posted on the website