Sat.4/15 Bartlett Arizona

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Taking my boys and wife fishing at Bartlett on Saturday 4/15. We will be just north of the yellow cliffs at the crack of dawn. Hope the noise makers aren't to crazy. Last time we caught a huge lg mouth bass 5lbs on a big chunck of fresh carp needless to say we wish it was a flat. Target Flatheads and Crappie. If you see us on shore witha red Lund give us a wave. I will post results.

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Good Luck!!!! Wish I could go:sad: Too many home projects to complete. I "may" go next weekend and give it a try. Let us know how you did.

3. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I agree Bartlett is on fire with the bite. We caught a pair of 7lb flats and some real nice crappie. Got a total of 5 decent runs all between the hours of 1800 and 2330 Saturday night, thought we were going to go in the AM but the wind made us go later. No runs or bites after midnight and we left about 4am, my boys started to get pretty cold.The crappies are absolute monsters. Got decent flatty action despite the big moon (2days past full). The 2 were caught within 30 minutes about 2030 they were the same size and caight on the same pole one cast after another in the same exact spot one male one female. We caught no blue gills all green sunnies some packed full of eggs. Caught 1 carp on the channel pole with shrimp. Chunked him up and got 1 run off of that. I'm going again Wed or Thurs. night. It's so nice to get some fillets in the frig again. Flats are so good eating, by far my favorite here in the desert. I'm planning to go a little bit earlier on wed or thur so I can stock up on the crappie which were chasing minnow/shad during the day making them boil to the surface. We tried something different this time, we fished an area that had a channel on the back side of where we were casting for flats. We parked the boat on the back side channel and threw the crappie light out in back of the boat. This proved to be very productive all night for green sunnies the shad were everywhere and it enabled us to change bait as often as we wanted. My wife is working on the pics although mabe not worth framing but will post them anyway. The females egges were very tight so I think she had more time to go before the spawn. Water temp 67 degrees.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Some pics from Sat4/15 night. That night they came out dark so we took another one in the morning when we got home.

Attached Files:

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good job on your catch. Looks like some great eating ahead.

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Nice pics!!!! Those are some good sized fish..Still hoping I can give it a try this weekend.

7. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    bluehunter,
    yes, I'm going to try to get some more slabs too, I haven't ate crappie since I lived in Oakland and San Leandro catching them from Lake Chabot. The best thing is not only is this fun but taste good and it's good for you.

Tym2Fish,
    You will do very good if you go I couldn't believe how alive the lake was fish jumping all night and day you got get out there. azflats said it right it on fire. Good luck!

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    You cannot believe how long you have made this week seem for me since I read these posts...Thanks..:blink: ..Thanks alot. Glad it is Wednesday already. Extended weekend comming up....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: