Sat. 11/17 report

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jaytee, Nov 19, 2006.

1. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Made it out near the diversion area Fri/Sat and had one taker all nite, a small channel. Checked out all the bank areas around eads,eucalyptus and diversion. The river seems mostly shallow and I found a spot near the eucalyptus area that seemed to be the deepest. It was a nice nite out regardless. I was under the impression Silenced Majority was fishing from a boat, after seeing the river that would seem impossible.

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    yea sorry you didnt have any luck up there. From what I understand the river is not very deep at all. I know silenced majority does not fish from a boat while up there. He is a banker, while at the diversion damn. He has had some great luck recently, hopefully they will keep bitin. How cold was it up there overnight? ANy wind? Where did you end up fishing most of the night?

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Hey sorry to hear that all you landed was a small channel, but at least you didn't get skunked! Unfortunately, I don't have a boat yet, and I have been having incredible luck on that stretch of river from the bank. I just checked the flow over the Diversion Dam, and it looks like it is just the same as when I've been catching them in the past few weeks, and although the river seems tiny at Eucalyptus, thats where I've been haulin' them in. Its something I can't exactly explain. Did you fish all night? What bait were you using?

4. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Just a thaught I think the Diversion creates an inlet effect and that may attract the flatties. Earlier in the evening I tried using light tackle to catch a few bluegill with no takers. I ended up using several crawlers on a 3/0 circle. what was cool was I had a 3mil spotlight and I walked the bank for a stretch and was able to see three bass that would flow effortless with the current in the shallows. What was different was they would flow backwards, Huh? I am thinking about trying the stretch of river that runs from rosie to the lower lakes. Thanks for the replys.