Sassy Shad...Any one use?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by smitty0312, Jun 7, 2009.

1. smitty0312

smitty0312 New Member

State:
    NW Illinois
    HI guys, just wondering if anyone of you bass fisherman use the sassy shad? I had a bag in the bottom of my tackle box allready pre-rigged that have been there several years seldom tried. Yesterday fishing the backwaters on the mississippi river I thought I would try these, I caught 2 bass and a small northern in about an hour..what a suprise!! I used the all white weighted shad. fished the rocks on edge. Just wondering what colors and rigs work best, what size jig and style? Any help well appreciated. Smitty

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan I have used the pearl white with much success. You can buy marker dye pins and change colors as needed. I like to put a little red on the gill section or add chart to the tail section.

3. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    I used the wild eyed shad i cant remember who makes it but they are awesome you can pick up 3 packs at walmart for 2.99 they are always sold out in the spring. these baits are killer:big_smile:

4. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    looked at my lures today they are made by storm :big_smile:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have had great success on most anything that swims on white,shad ,chartruse and yellow sassy shad. The new storm Shad are taking over my box tho,Especially the baby bass and bluegill pattern.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Dan they are one of my go to baits. the newer ones are good but the originals are the best. use them on the small spinnerbait blade and you have to beat the fish off of'em.

7. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    cut a little chunk out of the flexible section before the tail this provides the shad a furious action.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe are you cutting this section from the top or bottom? Sounds like it would set up even more vibration.

9. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    the bottom of the tail here is a picture if this helps

10. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thanks Joe,
    I use the big (5" or 6") pearl storms for stripers, im going to have to try that on them...:wink:
    Puddle