Sarl trout derby 4/2

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Apr 2, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I went astray and fished a trout derby this weekend. Did pretty good on smaller 2-3 pound trout topped off by a 10.8. Should of had another double digit trout but faulty netting work from another guy sealed that faith, but its all right. can not get them all. Fish ate a mini jig topped off with a meal worm. A deadly combo for years for me. Tight lines yall.

Brian.

Attached Files:

2. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thats a very nice trout great Job :)

3. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Nice fish!What type of mini jig were you using?And also how dig you finish in the tournament?

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I used a pearl white mini jig.

I did not place today. There were lots of big ones caught. Biggest around 17 pounds. I will go to one more before the trout season is over. Wish me luck on that one.

5. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    17 lbs is definately a hog.Sorry that you didnt place in this one and good luck in thr next go around.

6. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    holy crap, do they put those trout on steroids out there?? they never get that big out here in AZ! nice fish ya got there bro.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice fish Brian. What did you place bro?

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

Its a genectic altering done by mt. lassen trout farms in northern california. they stock all over ca is is proboly the number one private trout hatchery in the state. They pretty much put whitewater trout farm out of business. they raise double digit size trout by the thosands and stock them in various lakes and pay lakes.

Daystarchis I was like in 5 place. the winnings was for the top three.

9. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    ah i see, so is that why you guys have to pay so much to fish these lakes for a day? and are they safe to eat?

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yep these pay lakes are pretty much the same with their prices. They all charge a good penny which is why i go there only a few times, but they are very popular, many times selling more permits than the state and county lakes that charge only 5 dollars per entry.

The fish is safe to eat. They been doing it for years, or they would have a helluva lawsuit on their hands and propblems with the food and drug administration.l