SARL 9/2

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by guppie, Sep 3, 2007.

1. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    So I get to SARL at about 6 p.m. and get a spot have lines in the water by 6:12. I have catmando mackrel, berkley bait, sardines and nothing. No nibbles, nothing. A guy about 50 feet away starts to get hit. On his second hit I ask what are you using. He is using fresh Mack, and nice guy gives me one. At 8:15 I get my first and last cat. about 2.5 to 3lb. I don't know for sure because it swam away with my stringer in it mouth.:angry: Avoided the skunk but just was not my night. To top the night off I leave the lake and stop by the drive thru at Taco Bell to get a drink and a bite and they shut down with me at the menu.:angry: Perfect end to my day and this post. Next time I will hit Irvine

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Don't feel bad, the last time I was at SARL I never got a bite and I had fresh mac. I've been told that adding shad flavor catfish gravy is the hot ticket because they feed them ground shad at the farm.

3. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    How has good info on fishing the aquaduct, in palmdale?

4. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks, I'm ok now but I was about ready to grad a light and go in after that fish.

5. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  6. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks good information. I appreciate all the help I can get.

7. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    when anyone goes to sarl ask for mike tell him randy sent ya down he will put u on fish he always does and sorry guys the best bai on that lake is shrimp the brown shrimp with the orange guts you will see them at the mexican type markets or the oriental markets

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Tom..... better late than never... thanks for the link, got to try some of the spots on the way up highway 5 when heading north...

bayrunner ray

9. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Well, I've learned a few more things that work in the Palmdale area.
    I'm gonna have to run out there and try them out.

10. LOWEDOG

LOWEDOG New Member

State:
    alabama
    Sometimes catfishing is like that. It can be slow but make sure you move around to cover more water.

11. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the boc Michael.
    Didn't I see you under a slightly different form of screen name on one of the other Ca. fishing sites?

12. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    there are no fish at sarl never have been go on the day they stock get some dinks but better off making the drive to the aquaduct or colorado river

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    The better name for that lake is .... Cormorant Lake..... they stock the fish so that the birds can get all they want.... That and the "shoulder to shoulder fishing" conditions, cell phone jockies, and getto blasters all make this a place for the folks who have no imagination.... and do not know what roads to take out of town.... or is it the price of gas?

Bayrunner Ray

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I am so disillusioned about SARLS. That may explain why I hardly ever catch fish there.

Jaime