Sardis lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nathan king, Aug 14, 2006.

1. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well going to sardis this next month and i cant find out a whole lot about the lake. does anyone fish it and if so any tips would be appreciated please pm me

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    You will need alot of help out there Nate.
    See you @ weight-in.

Dave

3. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    Dave who man Daves not here lol i know right why dont you share some secrets:cool2:

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Nate I've been living close to Sardis lake for almost 40 years.I may not know it all but I have fished it from spillway to river and I do know some guys who know it like their back yard so what do you need to know.

5. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    come on oklahoma anyone give up a few holes i wont be there but two days and i practice cpr so all fish go home.

6. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Jim. I think you are refering to a different lake Than the one Nate is speeking of. There is a Sardis Lake in Ok. that is the venue for the ACATS Classic this year.

Nate will need all the help given. He forgets that we (Team Total Transportation) have 1st place in the bag and he will be competing for 2nd place.

Seriously though...... I will share what info I have about the lake.

1. It can get very rough on Sardis when the wind is from the right direction with waves up to 6 ft.

2. There is a very shallow area in the middle somewhere that will sink you with sharp rocks.

3. The small fish can be found in your live well. Where as the BIG ones will be on our stringer. :)

Good luck and see you Thur. night.

Dave

7. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Hey Nathan, wish I could help, but I don't know anything about that lake.
    I've never even heard of it, but I don't get out of NE Oklahoma much either.

I'm sure there are some Okies on here that can give you some tips?

Wish you luck.

Ken

8. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    Well You See Dave If You Beat Us It Will Only Be Because You Have The Advantage Being That It Is In Your Neck Of The Woods But If I Lived Any Closer Than 7 Hours You Can Bet I Would Have Been On The Water By Now,,,, But Thats Ok I Can Adapt And I Might Not Find The Bigguns In 1 Day But Thanks To My Good Ol Grandpa Who Passed Down All Of Tips That Have Made Us Kings Good Fisherman Can Adapt And You Can Bet I'm Going To Give You A Run For Your Money But I Will Wish You Good Luck And Hope For A Fun, Safe And Well Memerable Tournament. Your Going To Need The Luck Too Rotflmbo Lol Anywho See Ya At The Weigh In, Guess I'll Have To Hit Up Some Locals Huh

9. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Good luck to you too buddy. Be safe out there. The waters there can get very, very rough.

Dave