Sardine Heads

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by armyfisher, Oct 17, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well for me my weapon of choice for catching cats is definatley sardines, and over time i have nearly perfected a way to not only fish with sardines but with your favorite dip/stink/dough baits. you can normally get sardines 5 ina bag for a buck fifty at the grocery store. they are about 5-7 inches long and can be cut 2-3 pieces depending on how you fish. for me i'll cut 3 pieces. now for the fun part. take your single hook or treble and feed it through the back of the head so that the eye is sticking out of the fishes mouth, then put whatever dip/stink/dough bait through the mouth so it will sit nicely in the mouth of the fish but wont come out the back, then cast out and enjoy. thanks for reading:big_smile:

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Sounds like a good easy bait and cheap! I'll give it a try. Thanks for posting!

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Sounds interesting.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Interesting idea. Not wild about trebles myself, but I bet it could be adapted to a single hook.

Thanks for the tip!

5. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well normally when i head out i got some chicken livers beef livers sardines and if i can get it mackrel pike. i'm a huge believer in garlic sauce and powdered on. well this is to easy hook up your chicken liver or favorite cut or love bait. take a decent sized can of garlic powder and smother your bait until you cant see your bait from all the garlic powder. cast out and enjoy strong hit one after another after another. from my initial post i said you can use single or trble hooks. sometimes your local tackle shop might carry them or you can make them yourself are double hook, they fall under live bait holder hooks. for me they work better than single and dont get snagged as much as trebles. well hope this helps and you'll catch some eaters off my recipe. well take care brother and keep on fishing.:big_smile:

6. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Well if you don't catch anything on the sardines, at least you have lunch. :wink: