Sardi Lake near Oxford, Mississippi

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by cacc34, Apr 26, 2008.

1. cacc34

cacc34 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Does anyone fish Sardis Lake on a regular basis for crappie? If you do, is this lake good for trolling or is it better for structure fishing? And also what seems to be the best time of the day to fish?

2. mississippicatfisher

mississippicatfisher New Member

State:
    Pontotoc, Mississippi
    First offf welcome to the site cacc34! I dont do much fishing at Sardis but i do fish Grenada Lake for crappie! But i know some guys that fish sardis and they never talk much about trolling but more about structure! That doesnt mean that trolling doesnt work cuz im sure it will work cuz it works at Grenada Lake with some. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We always fished the upper end of the lake where the Tallahatchie emptied into the lake. This time of year they should be holding the water back and there is plenty of structure for crappie. Welcome to the BOC buddy.

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    J.C. in the last 40 years I've fished Sardis for every type of fish in it but I've never trolled for crappie but I've seen others do it.I was at Hurricane Landing last week and they weren't biting I guess because a thunderstorm was coming in but the water is farly high so there is a lot of good structure for crappie.

5. cacc34

cacc34 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the responses guys, and I am glad I joined BOC because I have already learned a bunch just by reading the posts. Thanks again guys and best of luck next time yall hit the water!