Santee's Sad News

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shrimp Man, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I just received news that long time friend and Santee Guide Captain John Sellers (out of blacks camp) has passed away. From what I understand about 11:00pm Feb. 21st.
    John will be terribly missed.:sad2:

2. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Eddie,
    I hate to hear that. We will be praying for his family.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    That is terrible. I learned to drift fish from John. He was a big fan of the Intimidator. I am sure he will be missed. He put many a biggun in the boat!

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Dang! :sad2:

He is a Santee legend. I have heard and read tons of great things about him. His spirit will live on in the knowledge he handed down to other anglers. :wink:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man I hate to hear that he was a great man and also a great fisherman. He would talk with you and answer any questions with a straight foward answer everytime. He will be in my prayers.

6. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Man he will be missed. He was one of the best. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    He will be missed! I heard the news from two guys that were eating breakfast next to me Sat. morning at Hill's landing. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

8. SloWater

SloWater New Member

State:
    TN
    After some time I checked back in tonight. I and many others will miss "Big John". It has been several years since I seen him.
    Late in 2005 on a cold December morning I brought two friends down to meet "Captain Sellers", they thought of him as a legion, he had me putting out the drift socks all day, I nearly froze but loved it. He taught me how to drift fish, I will never forget him.
    Thanks for the post. I would not have known of his passing without the posts here.
    He will be missed.
    Gordon

9. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I meet Big John through a Nascar event to Bristol motor speedway we took a tour package to the races for eight years, I would spend a couple hours of each trip sitting with John talking about catfishing and Dale Earnhardt. I'll remember John forever. A very humble man with a lot of Santee talent.

10. Holdmhook

Holdmhook New Member

State:
    Georgia
    shrimp man, I do appreciate the unfortunate news about mr sellers. I have a trailer in hills landing and have associated with john many times not knowing his name or his background on fishing or the respect he has from the boc people and many more. I met him many times in the restaurant at hills landing, he was a
    lways how ya doing, I always talked to him but we were never introduced, but thats ok we still conversated and he treated me as a person just like him self. After reading BOC redsponces I feel very proud to have shared what little conversation and time I had with a man people have such great admiration for. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME MR JOHN SELLERS..
    My sincere condulances go out to family and friends of mr john sellers.
    Thank you [B.O.C.] I am new to this club and to the lap top world, my wife dianne helps me deal with trying to talk to you all and understand how all this works. thanks shrimp man for the up-date on mr sellers.. holdmhook...

11. Holdmhook

Holdmhook New Member

State:
    Georgia
    shrimp man, I do appreciate the unfortunate news about mr sellers. I have a trailer in hills landing and have associated with john many times not knowing his name or his background on fishing or the respect he has from the boc people and many more. I met him many times in the restaurant at hills landing, he was a
    lways how ya doing, I always talked to him but we were never introduced, but thats ok we still conversated and he treated me as a person just like him self. After reading BOC redsponces I feel very proud to have shared what little conversation and time I had with a man people have such great admiration for. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME MR JOHN SELLERS..
    Thank you [B.O.C.] I am new to this club and to the lap top world, my wife dianne helps me deal with trying to talk to you all and understand how all this works. thanks shrimp man for the up-date on mr sellers.. holdmhook...

12. Holdmhook

Holdmhook New Member

State:
    Georgia