Santee's Lake Moultrie - Help needed..

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mhbomber, Dec 12, 2008.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I am making a trip in a bout a week to fish lake moultrie and was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap places to stay down there.

Thanks!

2. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know as much about moultrie as i do marion, but hills landing is on the canal and you can get to both places from there. They are good people there and they have accomdations as well.......http://www.hillslanding.com/default.asp.......I'm sure some of the other guys here know more of them you can check out as well.........Brian

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That's where we stayed when we were down there. The rooms are pretty cheap, but they are not luxurious:wink: Also, the water STANKS that comes out of the shower/sinks in those places. I think that Blacks has non-stinky water and it's right up form Hills Landing on the canal. You taking your boat down with ya or are you going to get a guide?

4. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you can try Blacks room are cheap and clean. its at the end of the canal

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Harry's on the Lakes was running a 1/2 price deal last month; not sure about now though. There are local motels that run around $50/night, too. Some of the fish camps close down around Christmas, so be sure you call ahead to be sure they're open.

6. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thats right tommy, i was going to stay there in november for the hills tourny and was going to get one of the houses they have on site there for like thirty two bucks a night or something real close to that. They are on the Marion side of the canal though

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    When are youcoming and are you bring the boat. Canal lakes had a rent 2 nights get the 3rd free for roams about a month ago but Im not sure about now. They have much nicer rooms than Hills and are much cheaper than Blacks.

8. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I'm not bringing my boat down...I am going on a trip with Roundhill and decided to stay at canal lakes. I appreciate all the help!!

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps to ya, for your choice of a guided trip with the Roundhill! He'll put you on 'em!! :cool2:

Bill in SC

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    you'll have a good ol' time with the roundhill.......just watch the fatman jokes! lmao