santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BUCK, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BUCK

BUCK Guest

when is best time of year to fish santee

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Mark. Anytime you can fish Santee is a good time. The best time is widely debated among anglers but I personally prefer the Winter time.

3. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I agree. Always have the winter and fall are real good times to fish Santee. Welcome to the BOC.

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Early to mid March shallow water fishing is my favorite time to go!

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have always found that anytime of year is the best time. As long as I can get off of work it looks like a good time to fish.LOL I do love the fall/winter bite the best though.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    January and February are excellent months for those big blues, when the water gets cold and the bait starts to die off, jet skis hibernate, etc. March through April are also great when all three species start thinking about, and preparing for, the spawn. They will start feeding more on mussels in shallow water then, too, and those areas near dikes can warm up quick and give some pretty good shallow water action, too.
    But; any time is good on Santee Cooper. Fish can be caught almost any day, at any time day or night. :wink:

7. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    WINTER MONTHS (BEST)