santee

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by coeboy1, Nov 12, 2009.

1. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    taking my pontoon to santee for the first time! hope to catch a monster. had the boat bout 4 months now and no catfish. hope to turn it around down south!!!

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Are you going this weekend?

3. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    ya leaving tomorrow round lunch or a little after.:smile2: cant wait didnt hardly sleep last night not looking forward to tonight.

4. santeefishhunter

State:
    north caro
    If you are staying close to Hill's look me up. I will be there around noon tomorrow to fish the tournament. I'll give you a few drift rigs!

5. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    sweet i thank you in advance. i dont know where we are putting in at yet. but we are staying on the boat.to cheap to get a room iguess want to get all the fishing in we can i guess we dont get down there much. it will be are second time in about 5-7 years!:smile2: i thank we might put in at canal or blacks trying to get a close as we can to the lower lake.is that the lake to be fishing this time of year??

6. santeefishhunter

State:
    north caro
    I would fish the lower lake probably. I'll be at Hill's ! Look for center console that says "FISH HUNTER"! Good luck and if I can help you let me know. Are you drifting and do you have a drift sock?

7. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    i have no sock but i have two 5 gal buckets. do you thank that is enough? if i put in at canal where do i go left or right from the dock to go to hills??

8. santeefishhunter

State:
    north caro
    Canal Lakes is on one side the bridge and Hill's is on the other side the bridge. Hill's is towards the lower lake from Canal Lakes. A drift sock would be much better if you can get you one. I'm sure you can find one down there. You really need one!

9. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    im on a pretty tight budget. but if i could find one for a hundrend or less i could get it. what size you think?

10. santeefishhunter

State:
    north caro
    Get the biggest you can for the money. Hill's will probably have some. What size pontoon? Also bring you some rope. 1 to attach and 1 for a dump rope. I'll show you how to hook it up.

11. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    24 ft. pontoon roundhill used to have 2 6 footers for sale for 140.00 or is 1 10 ft the same?

12. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I dont have that much experience with it but when I got a guide down there he had 3 drift socks. I would guess they were about 5ft each. He would have one at the front and in the back and when we hit the 25+ winds he would throw the third in the middle. I would say two 6 footers would be better so that you could have one on either end to get an even drift. Again I dont know that much about it but i did pay very close attention to my guide :)

Ronnie