Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by NCSBI185, Oct 18, 2009.

1. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    We were trying to plan a trip to Santee on Thursday and was wondering if anyone had an update on the fishing. We were there last month and it had slowed way down just wondering if the weather changes had helped.

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Reports are that things are picking up. I know there has been a great flathead bite on the upper lake according to my connections. Good luck!

3. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina

Sorry I am a little late posting this but I went to the lower lake last thursday . We put in at blacks and went out to deepest part of the lake we could find wich was 40-44 feet drifting herring and mullet . only caught 3 fish. One channel about 3# one blue about 4# and one Flathead weighing in at 36#. It was caught on a cut herring. There was another boat we talked to that had 11 fish total they fished in the same type water and had 2 big fish weighing around 30# both flatheads. It was overcast cold and windy. So we felt like we did OK. Good Luck!!!!

4. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Flathead bite red really heating up on upper Marion as well as blues. Catching really nice fish drifting shad and cut bream across river channel especially on bends across river channel up on flat and back down into channel. Also caught a few anchored when wind died off in river channels.

5. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    Didn't get to go down due to co-worker's 5 year old grandson drowning. Will try to go the week of November 9th. Thanks for the reports anyway and keep them coming for next week. Hoping for a good trip. But any trip to Santee is better than a week at work even if the fish don't coorperate.

6. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Sorry to hear about Co-workers grandson Prayers sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!