Santee trip

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ClintonRunner6, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ClintonRunner6

ClintonRunner6 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to Santee the 5th through 7th. Between 6 people we caught only 11 fish. Nothing big either. All fish were between 3 and 7 lbs. The first night we tried to go out on Moultrie to the stumpfield and got stuck in a cove with a bunch of gators because we were in small boats and the waves almost sunk us.:crazy: Then Friday at midday we drifted the canal and caught only 1 fish. Friday night we caught a few on Lake Marion but just couldn't find the fish. We would pull up to a spot throw out and get a few bites then nothing after the first 10 minutes. All in all it was a great trip. Got to spend some quality time with friends and my dad.

In Sept. when we go back down we will have to call up some guide to put us on them big fish. We are tired of just randomly trying spots and not catching much.

2. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just talked to my younger brother Gary and he got married friday morning......and took his new bride to Canal Lakes for a three day honeymoon. Last night I talked to them around 1030 and she had a big flathead on the way to the boat............I told him to be careful and not to show her all of our hot spots till hes sure shes gonna hang awhile and didnt just marry to find out where we fish..............

3. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    With the lack of rain and no water inflows I wouldnt even spend a minute in that canal right now unless you anchor at night right at either end of it. Small boats arent meant to be out in the dark on Moultrie, it can get quite scary out there. At least you had fun maybe next time will be better.

4. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Its always been my dream to fish at santee!!! Maybe one day my dream will come true:sad2::sad2:

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Brandon, if you're gonna get a guide on Santee, I highly recommend Roundhill. He is a great guy and a good guide - he'll get you on some fish fer shure.

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'll 2nd that!:wink:

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Do any of u guy's know if the fish on the shellbeds at santee yet.thanks

8. Have the shells(mussels) recuperated(?) from the low water yet ?

9. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ken

Maybe you should have advised brother to get a pre nuptial agreement on his best fishing spots....

Regards

Smackover