Santee trip May 5th-17th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by buster1395, Apr 26, 2009.

1. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    This will be my longest stay ever at Santee at one time so hopefully I will have em figured out before I leave:smile2:. I'll be staying at Blacks camp room 24 I think. If any BOC members are down that way during this time I would love to meet up with you or you can come aboard our pontoon if you want to. I will take my laptop and aircard and try to update this post with fishing reports while Im there also.

2. stalker

stalker New Member

State:
    sc
    Hope you guys catch plenty, keep us posted!

3. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Sounds like fun, Hope you all have a safe and bountyfull trip! Just keep us informed! Thanks

4. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Good luck, Chris and be safe. Keep us posted.

5. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I am going down this weekend to camp on one of the islands. We plan on fishing the entire time and coming back Sunday. I will post the best report I can give.

6. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    So far we have caught 55 catfish in 5 days of catfishing down here. Some very good days and some very bad days. Last Wednesday we caught 20 then the very next day we caught 2 in the same exact spots. Just very wierd how the bite can be so different from one day to the next down here. Today we went out and caught 18 this morning and didnt get to fish this evening for the storms that rolled in. Most of the fish we caught so far have been in the 5-10 lb range but we got 5 fish 20-28 lbs. All were caught on gizzard shad mostly on the east side of Moultrie in the Bonneau area in 10-25 ft water.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great job Chris!:wink: Anytime you can avg. 10 cats a day, That good fishing! And some big one too.

8. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Went out this morning and caught 4 on Moultrie before the lake got too rough. So we went and anchored down about half way up the canal and ended up with 6 more nice cats before 1:00 including a 25lb flathead.

Attached Files:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man Chris yall are killin them. Keep up the reports.

10. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    buster you going to make me pack up and come today!!!! I can't wait to monday!!!:eek:oooh: