Santee this wkend, who's fishing?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fish-n-pitch, Sep 2, 2009.

1. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Going to be coming down on Friday and staying until Monday and was wondering if any of you guys were going to be down that way this wkend. I will be staying at Blacks an hopeing to do a little drifting.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Our SC BOC gathering is NEXT weekend at Rocks Pond, so I'm reserving my meager funds for that weekend. Give us a good report on your trip this weekend.

Bill in SC

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    the roundhill will be there fishing with grandkids an better half give us a holler on ch69

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Working this weekend:sad2: Plan on pulling an all nighter Tuesday night so you guys be sure to hit us with some good reports. I'm curious to see how much the water temp drops this week, hopefully they will turn on!

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I don't know about the lakes, but today the Congaree and Santee rivers above Low Falls and 601 had dropped nearly 10 degrees F since last week. :big_smile:

6. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Roundhill what have the water temps done on the lakes since this cooler weather? Also do you think it will make fish harder to come by or is this what they needed to get them going again. And also I wish I could get up with you while on the lake but I took my vhf off the boat.

7. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will be on Marion Friday and maybe Monday. I was also wondering what the cooler temps would have on the fish. Gotta love the chances with the full-moon. Plan on drifting shallow and then moving out.

8. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What part of Marion are you going to fish? I was thinking of heading that way one night an try for some flatheads on the river channel.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy, I noticed that Pee Dee temp had dropped from 85 last week, to 78 today.

Bill in SC

10. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Fished today and caught 7 drifting threadfin shad...strange bite...fish were sluggish. Fished shallow and deep from 6:45 am to 1:15 pm. Water temp 80. Big fish 10lbs.

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Kelly, you ain't the Kelly that use to fish with that Josh Coggins are ya??
    It might be Scoggins, never did get that last name right after all these yrs i just call him Josh:big_smile: Good kid, i kinda got him to reform from fishn for stripers and start fishn for a man's fish:smile2: But really i haven't heard much of him sence he got married. Did she make him sell that 30ft Tri-toon??:crazy:

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We were going untill we seen Friday night was a full moon-that's a no no for us!

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Jimmy, thats a long drive for a full moon trip:smile2: I try to work my trips around the full moon, way around. Don't matter about Wateree, if i want to be on the water, only 40min to the house

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  14. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Exactly_I talked myself out of going to Wateree also(more because of the joy riders than the full moon!)

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    No joke, we went down today and took the teens, they caught some bait fish and we ended up with 8 small cats. I was drift fishn while they were swimming. I figured it couldn't hurt with all the boats and jet ski's. One guy in a pontoon even pulls up right beside me and ask what size trolling motor i had and how well it worked:smile2::smile2: I guess the best time to go fishn is.....when you can go. Its always good to get on the water

16. suetews

suetews New Member

State:
    FL
    We are new to Catfish1 and this is our first post....The fishing is slow right now on Lake Marion andwe have put everything out there but the kitchen sink, but we keep on trying. Want to thank Jonathan Rambo (Sunbird) for introducing us to this site .:cool2:

17. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I see you know of Bigg Stuff also (Sunbird)

18. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Sue!!!!:cool2: