Santee slow this weekend

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cgoyette, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well santee was real slow this weekend, I have no idea why but for me slow slow slow.

Bass are in all the new grass around teh lake from the low water now high water.

Water is about a 1 foot off from "perfect".

waded in at my house and its still cold water on the ole skin test.

Shad are difficult to net tried 8pm and 12 pm out in front of my house and caught 4! That a few years ago would have been half a 5 gallon bucket.

Cormerans are eating the lake out of its food sources. We need to kill some of them but as of now there still protected.

Back a few years (more than 10) a 1000 cormerans seem to be allot now there are 50000 of them if there is 1. Dang things have gone nuts.

Well till next weekend.

Curt

2. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Curt,

We were out this weekend and I noticed right at dark the shad were moving some. They were coming off the big water at 16 Island, I was able to net a dozen on a throw, and then I lost them. This was maybe the last 5 minutes of daylight when I saw them, then couldn't find anymore. Of course all our fish came from perch, which I found unusally hard to catch for this time of year.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Curt sorry to hear that it was a slow week for you hang right in there and keep on fishing, the fishing should pick up, ive noticed some days you can have luck and some days they dont bite keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you do.

4. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro

No worries on me hanging in there...I fish every weekend this time of year and every other day in the summer on Santee.

I am trying to give a somewhat lake report on water and fish bite.

I see others have had shad issues.

Curt

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad it wasn't just me. I found the fishing mighty slow, also, but there's never a bad day out on the water, so I really enjoyed the company of those I was with, and a great day on the water.... sometimes God gives us such a nice day, even the fish take time off to enjoy it. :wink:

6. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Do you think it get's slow this time of the year because of postspawn.

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Just got back from Santee today. I left a report (new post) with pics for all to see.
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy Im sorry I missed you yesterday Roundhill said you had just left when got over there. Glad you got back out on the lake.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry for your trip, I know you will do better in the future. Good luck

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, James, I had hoped to catch up with you, get a look at your new boat, but that thunderstorm kinda messed up things, and I had a dinner date to keep with my wife, so I had to leave a little earlier than I would have liked. Next time...

11. crawford1

crawford1 Member

State:
    west virginia
    Thanks for the report Curt it makes it nice for the ones that don't live there