Santee River fishing?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by randycarnley, Dec 26, 2008.

1. randycarnley

randycarnley New Member

State:
    South Carolina (Alabama)
    Has anyone fished the Santee River near Jamestown, particuly below around the boat ramp and below the bridge?

Me and couple buddies plan on going out this weekend, thought I might try someplace different.

Good catfishing here??

Thanks,
    Randy

2. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah me and my son in law used to fish it about once a month when my daughter lived here in Florence. We usually go upstream about 1/2 to 1 mile. There's one particular hole that has a large log in it. The last time I fished there it was about 25 degrees, wind howling and I caught a 25lb blue out of that hole. The only fish we saw all day on the fishfinder. Any kind of cut bait works good there. I caught the blue on a mullet head.

Oh yeah forgot your bridge question... Never fished around the bridge or ramp for cats.... BUT the stripers are there, we would take broken back rebels and when they were on, it was fun. So carry ya a couple of rebels or rapalas just for backup.

Hope that helps...
    Ron

3. randycarnley

randycarnley New Member

State:
    South Carolina (Alabama)
    Thanks, for the info. I will definitly take a couple lures with me when I go

Randy